Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Looking for (X)HTML/CSS valid web sites

Looking for (X)HTML/CSS valid web sites

Andrea

Hi, I hope not to disturb you in this ng. I am Andrea, the owner and
webmaster of www.freshcss.com, a web site entirely dedicated to Cascading
Style Sheets. My site has, among other things, a gallery section, that is a
showcase of web sites found to be well designed, beautiful and valid
according to the latest web standards.

Unfortunately, I am discovering that it's very hard to find beautiful and,
at the same time, HTML/XHTML+CSS valid web sites! Too many web agencies/web
designers doesn't care about validation and web standards. So, for me,
looking for valid web sites is similar to looking for a needle in a
haystack!!!

If you own or simply know some valid web sites, you are welcome to submit
them to FreshCSS. My site is growing and I would like to find more
interesting sites for the following months.

Thanks.

--
Andrea - FreshCSS
http://www.freshcss.com

Marian Heddesheimer

On Sat, 30 Apr 2005 12:26:16 GMT, Andrea wrote:

>Unfortunately, I am discovering that it's very hard to find beautiful and,
>at the same time, HTML/XHTML+CSS valid web sites! Too many web agencies/web

not sure if my site qualifies as "beautiful" but it qualifies as valid
XHTML 1.0 Strict

http://www.lernpilot.de/wbt/

Marian

--
Online Lernen (auch fuer Blinde geeignet): HTML, PHP, MySQL, Word
http://www.lernpilot.de/wbt/

Kim André Akerĝ

"Andrea" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i melding
news:IPKce.842038$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi, I hope not to disturb you in this ng. I am Andrea, the owner and
> webmaster of www.freshcss.com, a web site entirely dedicated to Cascading
> Style Sheets. My site has, among other things, a gallery section, that is

> showcase of web sites found to be well designed, beautiful and valid
> according to the latest web standards.
>
> Unfortunately, I am discovering that it's very hard to find beautiful and,
> at the same time, HTML/XHTML+CSS valid web sites! Too many web

agencies/web
> designers doesn't care about validation and web standards. So, for me,
> looking for valid web sites is similar to looking for a needle in a
> haystack!!!
>
> If you own or simply know some valid web sites, you are welcome to submit
> them to FreshCSS. My site is growing and I would like to find more
> interesting sites for the following months.

Sure, why not? These are mine, all mine. You'll be the judge of what's
"beautiful" in your eyes.
http://www.kimandre.com/
http://www.neonnero.com/

Two gems from my point of view, both 100% valid XHTML 1.0 and CSS.

--
Kim André Akerĝ
- http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

Travis Newbury

Marian Heddesheimer wrote:
>>Unfortunately, I am discovering that it's very hard to find beautiful and,
>>at the same time, HTML/XHTML+CSS valid web sites! Too many web agencies/web

> not sure if my site qualifies as "beautiful" but it qualifies as valid
> XHTML 1.0 Strict
> http://www.lernpilot.de/wbt/

Bland and boxy. Just most validating sites.

--
-=tn=-

Travis Newbury

Kim André Akerĝ wrote:
> Sure, why not? These are mine, all mine. You'll be the judge of what's
> "beautiful" in your eyes.
> http://www.kimandre.com/

Not beautiful, but interesting look.

> http://www.neonnero.com/

Bland and boxy like most others.

--
-=tn=-

Kim André Akerĝ

"Travis Newbury" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i melding
news:m6Nce.29565$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Kim André Akerĝ wrote:
> > Sure, why not? These are mine, all mine. You'll be the judge of what's
> > "beautiful" in your eyes.
> > http://www.kimandre.com/

> Not beautiful, but interesting look.
>
> > http://www.neonnero.com/

> Bland and boxy like most others.

Okay, mr. Know-It-All.. Let's see yours, then.

--
Kim André Akerĝ

Kim André Akerĝ wrote:
>>>http://www.kimandre.com/

>>Not beautiful, but interesting look.
>>>http://www.neonnero.com/

>>Bland and boxy like most others.

> Okay, mr. Know-It-All.. Let's see yours, then.

I don't make websites. I make web applications, and NONE of then even
come close to validating (Nor do they have to). But having a site is
not a prerequisite for having an "opinion". You asked an "opinion"
question. I gave you my "opinion" If you don't want my "opinion" then
don't ask for it. If you want me to lie and tell you what you want to
hear, then ask me to do that.

--
-=tn=-

Kevin Scholl

Eh, why not? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I suppose, but can't
hurt to get others' opinions. Here's a couple...

http://www.ksscholl.com/home.shtml
http://www.teamvinci.com/

Andrea wrote:
> Hi, I hope not to disturb you in this ng. I am Andrea, the owner and
> webmaster of www.freshcss.com, a web site entirely dedicated to Cascading
> Style Sheets. My site has, among other things, a gallery section, that is a
> showcase of web sites found to be well designed, beautiful and valid
> according to the latest web standards.
>
> Unfortunately, I am discovering that it's very hard to find beautiful and,
> at the same time, HTML/XHTML+CSS valid web sites! Too many web agencies/web
> designers doesn't care about validation and web standards. So, for me,
> looking for valid web sites is similar to looking for a needle in a
> haystack!!!
>
> If you own or simply know some valid web sites, you are welcome to submit
> them to FreshCSS. My site is growing and I would like to find more
> interesting sites for the following months.
>
> Thanks.

Kevin Scholl http://www.ksscholl.com/
(E-Mail Removed)
Information Architecture, Web Design and Development
We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of
the dreams...

kchayka

Andrea wrote:

> www.freshcss.com

Every time I see one of those "pick a text size" things on a web site I
cringe. FYI, your idea of "large" text and mine aren't anywhere near
each other.

If you had researched the subject of CSS font-size units, you would have
found that pt units are not suitable for screen display (nor is px). If
you use % units instead, you won't even need a font-size picker,
assuming you leave body text at the visitor's default 100%.

During your travels through this ng's archives, you might also have found:
<URL:http://www.allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?AnySizeDesign>

> My site has, among other things, a gallery section, that is a
> showcase of web sites found to be well designed, beautiful and valid
> according to the latest web standards.

Well designed must be in the eye of the beholder. :-\ Or is it a
prerequisite for "good" design to have unreadable text (microfonts
and/or low-contrasting colors) and a fixed-width layout?

Adrienne

Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "Andrea"
<(E-Mail Removed)> writing in

I liked http://www.rosettacaravanpark.co.uk

--
Adrienne Boswell
http://www.cavalcade-of-coding.info

2 sites or not 2 sites Yitzak ASP .Net 5 03-10-2009 11:05 AM
using python to visit web sites and print the web sites image to files imx Python 10 03-14-2007 02:19 PM
Sites about web-sites ? Jasbird HTML 1 09-28-2006 06:21 PM
How do prevent sites to be loaded in other sites frames? Stefan Caliandro HTML 2 02-14-2005 06:05 PM
ISO: Web sites for images (pay sites preferred) Kevin Buchan ASP .Net 1 02-20-2004 09:34 AM

Advertisments