Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > HTMLTidy config file

Reply
Thread Tools

HTMLTidy config file

 
 
R0bert Neville
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-28-2005
I have been searching for a quick reference on creating config files
for HTMLTidy for HTML-Kit. My goal is to retroactively convert xHTML
to HTML strict 4.0. Don't ask why; I just need a config file for this
task and have not found one.

HTML-Kit did not intuitively present these options under Edit >
Preference > Tidy. Its preferences focus on HTML to xHTML conversions.

Let me know if you have good references on achieving this objective
with or without HTML-Kit. A sample of the parameters passing to
HTMLTidy would help.

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Adrienne
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-28-2005
Gazing into my crystal ball I observed R0bert Neville <robert_neville310
@yahoo.com> writing in news:(E-Mail Removed):

> I have been searching for a quick reference on creating config files
> for HTMLTidy for HTML-Kit. My goal is to retroactively convert xHTML
> to HTML strict 4.0. Don't ask why; I just need a config file for this
> task and have not found one.
>
> HTML-Kit did not intuitively present these options under Edit >
> Preference > Tidy. Its preferences focus on HTML to xHTML conversions.
>
> Let me know if you have good references on achieving this objective
> with or without HTML-Kit. A sample of the parameters passing to
> HTMLTidy would help.
>
>


http://tidy.sourceforge.net/docs/quickref.html

--
Adrienne Boswell
http://www.cavalcade-of-coding.info
Please respond to the group so others can share
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Travis Newbury
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-28-2005
R0bert Neville wrote:
> I have been searching for a quick reference on creating config files
> for HTMLTidy for HTML-Kit. My goal is to retroactively convert xHTML
> to HTML strict 4.0. Don't ask why; I just need a config file for this
> task and have not found one.


Why do so many people ask a question, then say "don't ask why I need to
do this" Are you afraid we will belittle you because of your request?

--
-=tn=-
 
Reply With Quote
 
Don
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-28-2005
On 28 Apr 2005 Travis Newbury wrote in alt.html

> R0bert Neville wrote:
>> I have been searching for a quick reference on creating config files
>> for HTMLTidy for HTML-Kit. My goal is to retroactively convert xHTML
>> to HTML strict 4.0. Don't ask why; I just need a config file for this
>> task and have not found one.

>
> Why do so many people ask a question, then say "don't ask why I need to
> do this" Are you afraid we will belittle you because of your request?
>


(female answer #7) Because if you have to ask you just wouldn't understand.

--
Don
 
Reply With Quote
 
R0bert Neville
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-29-2005
On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 03:36:07 GMT, Adrienne <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>> I have been searching for a quick reference on creating config files
>> for HTMLTidy for HTML-Kit. My goal is to retroactively convert xHTML
>> to HTML strict 4.0. Don't ask why; I just need a config file for this
>> task and have not found one.
>>
>> HTML-Kit did not intuitively present these options under Edit >
>> Preference > Tidy. Its preferences focus on HTML to xHTML conversions.
>>
>> Let me know if you have good references on achieving this objective
>> with or without HTML-Kit. A sample of the parameters passing to
>> HTMLTidy would help.
>>
>>

>
>http://tidy.sourceforge.net/docs/quickref.html


Thanks for the great link.

Yeah, I found this quick reference link through Google. I was hoping
to find a sample config files and how-to tutorial as well. I was
hoping an HTMLTidy expert would lead in the right direction.

 
Reply With Quote
 
R0bert Neville
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-29-2005
On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 16:49:15 GMT, Don <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On 28 Apr 2005 Travis Newbury wrote in alt.html
>
>> R0bert Neville wrote:
>>> I have been searching for a quick reference on creating config files
>>> for HTMLTidy for HTML-Kit. My goal is to retroactively convert xHTML
>>> to HTML strict 4.0. Don't ask why; I just need a config file for this
>>> task and have not found one.

>>
>> Why do so many people ask a question, then say "don't ask why I need to
>> do this" Are you afraid we will belittle you because of your request?


*signs*

…because threads go on a tangent when people begin flame wars or
discuss a debatable topic.>>

>(female answer #7) Because if you have to ask you just wouldn't understand.


Welcome to the our emasculated society.

 
Reply With Quote
 
Travis Newbury
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-29-2005
R0bert Neville wrote:
>>>Why do so many people ask a question, then say "don't ask why I need to
>>>do this" Are you afraid we will belittle you because of your request?

> *signs*
> …because threads go on a tangent when people begin flame wars or
> discuss a debatable topic.>>


So you _are_ doing something others will think you shouldn't. Actually
there hasn't been a good flame war here in quite a while. And the
"don't ask why" has caused the thread to go on a tangent anyway. Man
you can never win here...

--
-=tn=-
 
Reply With Quote
 
Del Ferguson
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-29-2005
R0bert Neville wrote:
> I have been searching for a quick reference on creating config files
> for HTMLTidy for HTML-Kit. My goal is to retroactively convert xHTML
> to HTML strict 4.0. Don't ask why; I just need a config file for this
> task and have not found one.
>
> HTML-Kit did not intuitively present these options under Edit >
> Preference > Tidy. Its preferences focus on HTML to xHTML conversions.
>
> Let me know if you have good references on achieving this objective
> with or without HTML-Kit. A sample of the parameters passing to
> HTMLTidy would help.
>

Robert,

I've found that by using Mozilla Firefox with the HTML Validator
extension, you can "slice and dice" a file just about anyway you
want it. It takes a little copy and paste, after the conversion,
but it does do the job. Also, NoteTab Pro does about the same thing
with the Validator extension. Again, some cut, copy, and paste is
necessary.

Cheers,

Del Ferguson
 
Reply With Quote
 
Adrienne
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-29-2005
Gazing into my crystal ball I observed R0bert Neville <robert_neville310
@yahoo.com> writing in news(E-Mail Removed):

> On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 03:36:07 GMT, Adrienne <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>>> I have been searching for a quick reference on creating config files
>>> for HTMLTidy for HTML-Kit. My goal is to retroactively convert xHTML
>>> to HTML strict 4.0. Don't ask why; I just need a config file for this
>>> task and have not found one.
>>>
>>> HTML-Kit did not intuitively present these options under Edit >
>>> Preference > Tidy. Its preferences focus on HTML to xHTML conversions.
>>>
>>> Let me know if you have good references on achieving this objective
>>> with or without HTML-Kit. A sample of the parameters passing to
>>> HTMLTidy would help.
>>>
>>>

>>
>>http://tidy.sourceforge.net/docs/quickref.html

>
> Thanks for the great link.
>
> Yeah, I found this quick reference link through Google. I was hoping
> to find a sample config files and how-to tutorial as well. I was
> hoping an HTMLTidy expert would lead in the right direction.
>


Chami has its own forum, maybe someone in there can help you.

--
Adrienne Boswell
http://www.cavalcade-of-coding.info
Please respond to the group so others can share
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
section with in a section config file and reading that config file kampy Python 9 10-19-2012 10:59 PM
Reading config file other than web.config M Irfan ASP .Net 2 04-18-2007 01:11 PM
dll config and web.config and Label Expressions (binding label text to dll config settings) CSharpner ASP .Net 0 04-09-2007 09:00 PM
HTMLTidy support til VS.net 2003 Anders K. Jacobsen [DK] ASP .Net 3 07-17-2005 09:09 PM
Anyone know of a ASP.NET wrapper for HTMLTidy? Showjumper ASP .Net 2 07-04-2003 01:26 AM



Advertisments