Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Can anyone help with this?

Can anyone help with this?

Lauri Raittila

in alt.html, Travis Newbury wrote:
> Andy Dingley wrote:
> >>My app is for an Intranet & is required to run ONLY on IE 5.5 (sp2) -

> > No it isn't..

> And you know this because....

Because it would make very little sence.

I bet requirement is that it has to work in IE5.5. It is very unlikely
that it would be forbidden to have it work on other browsers.

Utrecht, NL.
Support me, buy Opera:
https://secure.bmtmicro.com/opera/bu...tml?AID=882173

Toby Inkster

Travis Newbury wrote:
> Andy Dingley wrote:
>> harry wrote:
>>
>>> My app is for an Intranet & is required to run ONLY on IE 5.5 (sp2) -

>> No it isn't..

> And you know this because....

Presumably because that would be a very stupid job spec.

"is ONLY required to run on IE 5.5" is slightly stupid.
"is required to run ONLY on IE 5.5" is very stupid.

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

Travis Newbury

Lauri Raittila wrote:e

The OP said:
"My app is for an Intranet & is required to run ONLY on IE 5.5 (sp2) -
minimum screen resolution is 800*600 "

Only someone looking to start an argument would read that as exclusive.
It is obvious what he/she meant.

--
-=tn=-

Andy Dingley

On Mon, 02 May 2005 09:54:33 +0100, Toby Inkster
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"is ONLY required to run on IE 5.5" is slightly stupid.

It's still too stupid for usenet (and the original phrasing was of
course worse)

Now maybe some pointy-haired boss somewhere really does think that. But
it's so stupid a constraint that it's unworthy of further discussion in
a HTML newsgroup. None of us are (hopefully) here to further such
wrong-headed notions.

Besides which, I don't believe there's a way to have IE5.5 running loose
in an office with web access that isn't unacceptable insecure against
attack by external nasties. If you're going to have a corporate browser
policy at all, it ought to focus on exterminating IE 5.5, not
encouraging it.