Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > single download image

single download image

soup_or_power@yahoo.com

Hi
Is it possible attach an image (gif, jpeg, etc.) that can be printed
only once (e.g. by disabling print command)? For instance, the USPS
sends labels on line that can't be duplicated. Thanks for your help.

Travis Newbury

> Hi
> Is it possible attach an image (gif, jpeg, etc.) that can be printed
> only once (e.g. by disabling print command)? For instance, the USPS
> sends labels on line that can't be duplicated. Thanks for your help.

The answer is no. As far as the USPS is concerned, it is not that you
can not print them more than once, it is the fact that you don't know
how to print them more than once.

--
-=tn=-

soup_or_power@yahoo.com

Travis Newbury wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> > Hi
> > Is it possible attach an image (gif, jpeg, etc.) that can be

printed
> > only once (e.g. by disabling print command)? For instance, the USPS
> > sends labels on line that can't be duplicated. Thanks for your

help.

> The answer is no. As far as the USPS is concerned, it is not that

you
> can not print them more than once, it is the fact that you don't know

> how to print them more than once.

Thanks for answering my query. Could you please elaborate on "can vs.
know" for printing. Once the image is cached at client it is available
for printing any number of times? If USPS is using some kind of bar
code it makes sense. But I don't know much about USPS.

Lauri Raittila

in alt.html, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> Thanks for answering my query. Could you please elaborate on "can vs.
> know" for printing. Once the image is cached at client it is available
> for printing any number of times?

When you show image in computer screen, it can be printed/copied easily.
There is ways to prevent some of the ways to do that, but it will never
take more 5 seconds to circumvent them...

> But I don't know much about USPS.

So why did you mention it?

Utrecht, NL.
Support me, buy Opera:
https://secure.bmtmicro.com/opera/bu...tml?AID=882173

soup_or_power@yahoo.com

Sorry, I brought up the USPS because of their advert.I don't know how
exactly they implemented their system. I know that for IE one can play
with ActiveX to clear the cache. Wondering if there is a better way.
Thanks!

Toby Inkster

soup_or_power wrote:

> Is it possible attach an image (gif, jpeg, etc.) that can be printed
> only once (e.g. by disabling print command)?

If I can print it once, I can take it down the hall to the photocopier.

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

Andrew Donaldson

Toby Inkster wrote:
> soup_or_power wrote:
>
>>Is it possible attach an image (gif, jpeg, etc.) that can be printed
>>only once (e.g. by disabling print command)?

> If I can print it once, I can take it down the hall to the photocopier.

Or print it to a file and then print that as often as required.

Andrew