Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Failing links

Failing links

Dave S.

On some websites, clicking on links has no effect using Firefox, but if I
load the same page into IE6, the links work OK. Can someone tell me why this
is?

Thanks

Arne

Once upon a time *Dave S.* wrote:
> On some websites, clicking on links has no effect using Firefox, but
> if I load the same page into IE6, the links work OK. Can someone tell
> me why this is?

"Some websites" is a bit vague description, not easy to figure out the
reason with that. Can you provide some URL's where this happends?

A guess would be that the menu is built with non standard IE only
Javascript/DHTML, sometimes ancient code that also worked in NS 4.x
browsers. Does not Firefox have a Javascript Consol, where the errors
may appear?

--
/Arne

Dave S.

It's happened a few times on diferent sites, but I can't for the life of me
remember where now, probably because I've just used IE instead.

Next time it happens, I'll try to remember to make a note of what site I was
on!!

Thanks for replying anyway

FF Crashes on Links within Links Puma Firefox 10 02-17-2009 07:12 PM
Links Failing Harp Oon Ruby 0 01-07-2008 02:00 AM
Make A Shorter Link - no new links accepted, old links still work. why? Computer Support 7 01-02-2007 09:45 PM
Site Links and Physical WAN Links =?Utf-8?B?RW5mb1BhdWw=?= MCSE 2 03-22-2005 09:23 AM