Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > force page to refresh

force page to refresh

Moo

I know in the meta tags you can tell a page to refresh and then give it an
interval, but I want to force a page to refresh when it's loaded from the
server and not keep reloading every 10 seconds. It seems a lot of people
have their browsers set to read from their cache (at least with this one
clothing website I've done) and I want to make sure they get the latest page
from the server. So is there a way to make it refresh only once?

Roy Schestowitz

Moo wrote:

> I know in the meta tags you can tell a page to refresh and then give it an
> interval, but I want to force a page to refresh when it's loaded from the
> server and not keep reloading every 10 seconds. It seems a lot of people
> have their browsers set to read from their cache (at least with this one
> clothing website I've done) and I want to make sure they get the latest
> page from the server. So is there a way to make it refresh only once?

Use the following among your meta tags:

<META HTTP-EQUIV="CACHE-CONTROL" CONTENT="NO-CACHE">

Roy

--
Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com

David Dorward

Moo wrote:

> I want to make sure they get the latest page from the server.

http://www.mnot.net/cache_docs/

Home is where the ~/.bashrc is