Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > client side image map in NS not working

Reply
Thread Tools

client side image map in NS not working

 
 
Duncan Greenhill
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-17-2005
Hi,
I've got an client side image map that doesn't have any hotspots when viewed
in netscape. Also, not in Opera 6.05.
Works fine in firefox, Opera 7.23, Mozilla, even in IE 5.5, but not
Netscape. The code validates. Anyone got any ideas on this one?

Regards,
Duncan


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Duncan Greenhill
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-17-2005
"Duncan Greenhill" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
> I've got an client side image map that doesn't have any hotspots when

viewed
> in netscape. Also, not in Opera 6.05.
> Works fine in firefox, Opera 7.23, Mozilla, even in IE 5.5, but not
> Netscape. The code validates. Anyone got any ideas on this one?
>
> Regards,
> Duncan
>
>

The url is: http://www.mohnesee.co.uk/Codetest/imagemaptest.html

Duncan


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Steve Pugh
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-17-2005
"Duncan Greenhill" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>"Duncan Greenhill" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> I've got an client side image map that doesn't have any hotspots when
>> viewed in netscape. Also, not in Opera 6.05.
>> Works fine in firefox, Opera 7.23, Mozilla, even in IE 5.5, but not
>> Netscape. The code validates. Anyone got any ideas on this one?
>>

>The url is: http://www.mohnesee.co.uk/Codetest/imagemaptest.html


Your cordinates are backwards.

coords="40,148,152,102"
should be
coords="40,102,152,148"

The cordinates should be those of the top-left corner and the
bottom-right corner. See
http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/struct/...ml#adef-coords
You tried to set the top-right and bottom-left and some browsers
didn't like it.

Steve

--
"My theories appal you, my heresies outrage you,
I never answer letters and you don't like my tie." - The Doctor

Steve Pugh <(E-Mail Removed)> <http://steve.pugh.net/>
 
Reply With Quote
 
Duncan Greenhill
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-17-2005

"Steve Pugh" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Duncan Greenhill" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >"Duncan Greenhill" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >>
> >> I've got an client side image map that doesn't have any hotspots when
> >> viewed in netscape.

> >The url is: http://www.mohnesee.co.uk/Codetest/imagemaptest.html

>
> Your cordinates are backwards.
>
> coords="40,148,152,102"
> should be
> coords="40,102,152,148"
>
> The cordinates should be those of the top-left corner and the
> bottom-right corner. See
> http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/struct/...ml#adef-coords
> You tried to set the top-right and bottom-left and some browsers
> didn't like it.
>
> Steve
>


Thanks Steve, I had read the specs but I think I made a hash of trying to
make sense of the bit of paper with the coordinates on ... Which was why I
couldn't figure out why it wasn't working when I thought it should.
Works in everything now, thanks again,
Duncan


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ASP.NET client-side validation working, but button click not working Alan Silver ASP .Net 1 08-02-2005 03:50 PM
displaying html content based upon Client Side image map coordinates RF Rohrer HTML 1 04-03-2005 07:05 AM
Re: Image map: client-side or server-side (cgi)? Luigi Donatello Asero HTML 25 12-25-2003 01:32 PM
Image map: client-side or server-side (cgi)? Luigi Donatello Asero HTML 12 12-24-2003 12:03 PM
Re: Image map: client-side or server-side (cgi)? Luigi Donatello Asero HTML 0 12-23-2003 09:27 PM



Advertisments