Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Possible?

Possible?

KiwiBrian

I have a paragraph of text wrapping around the left side and bottom of a
right-floated image.
Is there any way of giving this L shaped block of test, a border which would
therefore also be L shaped?
Hope that is clear.
TIA
Brian Tozer

Els

KiwiBrian wrote:

> I have a paragraph of text wrapping around the left side and bottom of a
> right-floated image.
> Is there any way of giving this L shaped block of test, a border which would
> therefore also be L shaped?
> Hope that is clear.

Yup, it's clear
Here's a link:
http://meyerweb.com/eric/css/edge/boxpunch/demo.html

--
Els http://locusmeus.com/
- Renato Russo -

KiwiBrian

"Els" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news4q8qc1ndmeq.1dbp3pbwh6fbq$(E-Mail Removed)...
> KiwiBrian wrote:
>
>> I have a paragraph of text wrapping around the left side and bottom of a
>> right-floated image.
>> Is there any way of giving this L shaped block of test, a border which
>> would
>> therefore also be L shaped?
>> Hope that is clear.

> Yup, it's clear
> Here's a link:
> http://meyerweb.com/eric/css/edge/boxpunch/demo.html

Thanks very much Els.
Exactly what I was looking for.
B.

Spartanicus

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/spartan...aph_border.htm

--
Spartanicus

Sid Ismail

On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 01:15:04 +0200, Els <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

: KiwiBrian wrote:
:
: > I have a paragraph of text wrapping around the left side and bottom of a
: > right-floated image.
: > Is there any way of giving this L shaped block of test, a border which would
: > therefore also be L shaped?
: > Hope that is clear.
:
: Yup, it's clear
: Here's a link:
: http://meyerweb.com/eric/css/edge/boxpunch/demo.html

Great link!

Isn't it amazing how much more you can do with CSS as compared to the
old hspace and vspace attributes in the IMG tag? Thanks, Els.

Sid

KiwiBrian

"Spartanicus" wrote
> "KiwiBrian" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>I have a paragraph of text wrapping around the left side and bottom of a
>>right-floated image.
>>Is there any way of giving this L shaped block of test, a border which
>>would
>>therefore also be L shaped?

> http://homepage.ntlworld.com/spartan...aph_border.htm

WOW!!!!
You make the impossible look easy.........
Thanks heaps.
Brian.

Edwin van der Vaart

Els wrote:
> KiwiBrian wrote:
>
>>I have a paragraph of text wrapping around the left side and bottom of a
>>right-floated image.
>>Is there any way of giving this L shaped block of test, a border which would
>>therefore also be L shaped?
>>Hope that is clear.

> Yup, it's clear
> Here's a link:
> http://meyerweb.com/eric/css/edge/boxpunch/demo.html

Thanx dear. Also thanx for the "pure css popups" example pages.
--
Edwin van der Vaart