Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > alright, I give up, how do you do this?

alright, I give up, how do you do this?

Greg

I'm really trying hard here to do the tableless CSS layouts, but it's giving
me a really hard time. Here's the basic layout at
www.gregerly.net/flavortech

Basically, you can see the log in box, and the get registered box which are
tables, but beyond that I'm trying to do tableless. I want to position the
center content to the right of the log in boxes and have it expand all the
way to the right hand side. However I can't figure how to do this with CSS.
I"ve tried margin atributes, padding, CSSP, I just cant' figure this out. I
just want it to expand as long as there is broswer window avaialble. The
css has the top left corner at like 250 right and 20 top. Anyone that could
lend me some advice would be very helpful

THanks in advance.

Greg

=?UTF-8?B?UmFsZiBNw7ZybGVy?=

Hi
Greg schrieb:
> www.gregerly.net/flavortech

[snip]

> just want it to expand as long as there is broswer window avaialble. The
> css has the top left corner at like 250 right and 20 top. Anyone that could
> lend me some advice would be very helpful

Try width:100%; as you did in #main.

> THanks in advance.

I'm new to css too but I think that should solve your problem.

> Greg

Ralf

Greg

> Try width:100%; as you did in #main.

I tried that, but the div shoots way off the viewable browerser space and
creates horizontal scrolling. Thanks for your input however.

Greg

=?UTF-8?B?UmFsZiBNw7ZybGVy?=

Hi Greg

Greg schrieb:
>>Try width:100%; as you did in #main.
>>

> I tried that, but the div shoots way off the viewable browerser space and
> creates horizontal scrolling. Thanks for your input however.

Here's the solution:
You have 3 collums and here is a copy from my German HTML-Tutorial
*SelfHTML* which shows the code.
I cut out the parts not needed and the text.
You can find the original here with example.
http://de.selfhtml.org/css/layouts/m...tm#dreispaltig

It's realized with *float*
1. Left collum Navigation
2. right collum Info
3. middle collum Content

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN""
<head>
<title>Dreispaltiges Layout</title>
body {
color: black; background-color: white;
font-size: 100.01%;
font-family: Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif;
margin: 0; padding: 1em;
}

div#Navigation {
font-size: 0.83em;
float: left; width: 18em;
margin: 0; padding: 0;
border: 1px dashed silver;
}

div#Info {
font-size: 0.9em;
float: right; width: 12em;
margin: 0; padding: 0;
border: 1px dashed silver; background-color: #eee;
}

div#Content {
margin: 0 12em 0 16em;
padding: 0 1em;