Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > free editor like Homesite?

free editor like Homesite?

Pete

Homesite 4.0 does not work with XP.
Is there a free program out there that has the same functionality (wysiwyg)
for an amateur?
Tks.
-Pete

Pete

"Pete" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:FOj7e.1778$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> Homesite 4.0 does not work with XP.
> Is there a free program out there that has the same functionality
> (wysiwyg) for an amateur?
> Tks.
> -Pete

PS: I also have to be able to edit simple code.

Nico Schuyt

"Pete" wrote

Try NVU (http://www.nvu.com/)

--
Nico
http://www.nicoschuyt.nl

Don

On 13 Apr 2005 Pete wrote in alt.html

> Homesite 4.0 does not work with XP.

Does for me.

HTML-Kit
http://www.chami.com/html-kit/

--
Don

Spartanicus

"Pete" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Homesite 4.0 does not work with XP.

The *editor* works fine under W32.

>Is there a free program out there that has the same functionality (wysiwyg)

The "design" feature in Homesite 4 should be avoided like the plague, it
produces MSHTML not suitable for the www, consider it a feature that
this "wysiwyg" feature of the program does not work on W32.

--
Spartanicus

David Baxter

Pete wrote:
> Homesite 4.0 does not work with XP.
> Is there a free program out there that has the same functionality (wysiwyg)
> for an amateur?
> Tks.
> -Pete

Keep an eye on computer magazines. Personal Computer World throws out a
copy of Netobjects Fusion periodically on its cover disc.

Dave
--
(remove spamblock or reply to group)

Uncle Pirate

Pete wrote:
> Homesite 4.0 does not work with XP.
> Is there a free program out there that has the same functionality (wysiwyg)
> for an amateur?

No such thing as a WYSIWYG editor for the WWW. More like WYSIWYMG (What
You See Is What You Might Get) or more correctly WYSIWOMG (What You See
Is What Others Might Get).

Coordinator, Tularosa Basin Chapter, ABATE of NM; AMA#758681; COBB
'94 1500 Vulcan (now wrecked) http://motorcyclefun.org/Dcp_2068c.jpg

Pete

"Don" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> On 13 Apr 2005 Pete wrote in alt.html
>
>> Homesite 4.0 does not work with XP.

> Does for me.
>
> HTML-Kit
> http://www.chami.com/html-kit/
>

> --
> Don

My Homesite crashes in DESIGN view.
-Pete

Pete Gray

In article <425e9841$(E-Mail Removed)>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) says...
> Pete wrote:
> > Homesite 4.0 does not work with XP.
> > Is there a free program out there that has the same functionality (wysiwyg)
> > for an amateur?

> No such thing as a WYSIWYG editor for the WWW. More like WYSIWYMG (What
> You See Is What You Might Get) or more correctly WYSIWOMG (What You See
> Is What Others Might Get).

I thought it was WYSIJOPR (what you see is just one possible rendering)
--
Pete Gray

Say No to ID Cards <http://www.no2id.net>
<http://www.redbadge.co.uk/no2idcards/>