Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > CSS

Paul Hill

Hi, quick question...

I've got a menu on my website and i want the hover colour of the links on
the menu to be a different colour to the links on the rest of the website
because the menu has a different background colour.

Can anyone explain how to do this?

Here's the code as it is, with only one hover colour:

<STYLE TYPE="text/css">
<!--
..title { color:#000000; font-size:12pt; font-weight:bold; text-align:center;
font-family:verdana,arial; }
..text { color:#000000; font-size:10pt; font-family:verdana,arial; }
..maintitle { color:#FFFFFF; font-size:30pt; font-weight:bold;
text-align:center; font-family:verdana,arial; }
..menu { color:#C0C0FF; font-size:10pt; font-weight:bold; text-align:center;
font-family:verdana,arial; }
A { text-decoration:none; }
A:visited { color:#0000FF; }
A:hover { color:#FFFFFF; }
-->
</STYLE>

Steve Pugh

"Paul Hill" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I've got a menu on my website and i want the hover colour of the links on
>the menu to be a different colour to the links on the rest of the website
>because the menu has a different background colour.
>
>.menu { color:#C0C0FF; font-size:10pt; font-weight:bold; text-align:center;
>font-family:verdana,arial; }
>A { text-decoration:none; }
>A:visited { color:#0000FF; }
>A:hover { color:#FFFFFF; }

Is .menu the class applied to each link in the menu or to some
conatiner?

If each link then
a.menu:hover {...}
If the container then
..menu a:hover {...}

Steve

Paul Hill

Cheers, it was applied to a table actually, I'll apply it to the <A> tag.

"Steve Pugh" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Paul Hill" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >I've got a menu on my website and i want the hover colour of the links on
> >the menu to be a different colour to the links on the rest of the website
> >because the menu has a different background colour.
> >
> >.menu { color:#C0C0FF; font-size:10pt; font-weight:bold;

text-align:center;
> >font-family:verdana,arial; }
> >A { text-decoration:none; }
> >A:visited { color:#0000FF; }
> >A:hover { color:#FFFFFF; }

> Is .menu the class applied to each link in the menu or to some
> conatiner?
>
> If each link then
> a.menu:hover {...}
> If the container then
> .menu a:hover {...}
>
> Steve
>
> --
> "My theories appal you, my heresies outrage you,
> I never answer letters and you don't like my tie." - The Doctor
>
> Steve Pugh <(E-Mail Removed)> <http://steve.pugh.net/>

Duncan Greenhill

Hi,
You could try www.alistapart.com. Quite a bit of lists to tabs, menus, etc