Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Interactive graphic call for help...

Interactive graphic call for help...

Montgomery Boo...Urns

Hello all:

I am designing a website where I'm trying to incorporate an interactive
graphic for a shifter. Before I go any further, you can access what I have
worked on so far at http://users.rcn.com/solitude439/mainframe.htm

First off I have this particular page set up in frames. I was using Adobe
Photoshop with ImageReady to set up the image map so that each button on the
shifter will bring up a function in the 2nd frame. Now, the secret to this
is that some of the keys in the keypad require that I hit a second key
(referring to web page from above, the bottom button on the shifter) in
order for that function to work. Example: In order for the R (reverse)
function to work, the R button followed by the bottom (Shobers) button needs
to be pressed as well. Once I have it set up to where each function works,
in the 2nd frame I will have an animation showing either the vehicle (or
transmission) doing each referenced function.

Will this require knowledge of coding or scripting? If so, what commands
can I use and is this possible to work out this sort of scripting in
Photoshop or ImageReady? If not, how can I set something like this up with
Flash or Dreamweaver?

Once again, if you can help and you need reference to what I'm working on,
please access http://users.rcn.com/solitude439/mainframe.htm

Thanks to all in advance for any and all help.

D.C.