Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Help with HTML Question

Help with HTML Question

Robert

Hi I am using CSS and HTML to create a template for a friend.

I have nav bar to the left and my text is in the middle. What is the
best way to have my nav bars follow my text. Use frames? What I
mean is that the text will be longer then my nav buttons and as the
person scrolls down the nav buttons will be lost.

Thanks,

I will post a link in afew days.

Roy Schestowitz

Robert wrote:

> Hi I am using CSS and HTML to create a template for a friend.
>
> I have nav bar to the left and my text is in the middle. What is the
> best way to have my nav bars follow my text. Use frames? What I
> mean is that the text will be longer then my nav buttons and as the
> person scrolls down the nav buttons will be lost.
>
> Thanks,
>
> I will post a link in afew days.

CSS offers fixed positioning (absolute perhaps) and you can set the position
properties of navbar appropriately. Whether that's the best way to do it or
not, I am sure other people around here will tell you. I know that IE and
other browsers have limited support for this. Theoretically, it works.

Roy

--
Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com

Mark Parnell

Previously in alt.html, Robert <(E-Mail Removed)> said:

> I have nav bar to the left and my text is in the middle. What is the
> best way to have my nav bars follow my text. Use frames? What I
> mean is that the text will be longer then my nav buttons and as the
> person scrolls down the nav buttons will be lost.

I'm sure your visitors are smart enough to scroll back to the top of the
page to get the menu back - they have to on most sites.

If your pages are going to be *very* long (apart from considering
splitting them up into shorter pages), just add the links again at the
bottom of the page in the footer or something.

--
Mark Parnell
http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au

Toronto Newf

"Robert" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Hi I am using CSS and HTML to create a template for a friend.
>
> I have nav bar to the left and my text is in the middle. What is the
> best way to have my nav bars follow my text. Use frames? What I
> mean is that the text will be longer then my nav buttons and as the
> person scrolls down the nav buttons will be lost.
>
> Thanks,
>
> I will post a link in afew days.

I have seen on web pages where the nav buttons follow as you sroll. I am
not sure how to do this maybe DHTML. Someone here might know.

Adrienne

Gazing into my crystal ball I observed http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Robert) writing
in news:(E-Mail Removed) om:

> Hi I am using CSS and HTML to create a template for a friend.
>
> I have nav bar to the left and my text is in the middle. What is the
> best way to have my nav bars follow my text. Use frames? What I
> mean is that the text will be longer then my nav buttons and as the
> person scrolls down the nav buttons will be lost.
>
> Thanks,
>
> I will post a link in afew days.

You know, the first time I saw that it was kind of neat. Now, it's a PITA.
Google Groups (Beta) uses it, and it often covers up what I'm trying to
read.

If the navigation is clearly marked, users should not have any difficulty
returning to it, or as Mark suggested, put links on the bottom of the page
as well.

--
Adrienne Boswell
http://www.cavalcade-of-coding.info