Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Best site to learn CSS?

Best site to learn CSS?

Nocturnal

What's the best website to learn CSS?

Toby Inkster

Nocturnal wrote:

> What's the best website to learn CSS?

Probably quite a difficult question to answer. Most of us here have only
*learnt* CSS once, so it's difficult to compare learning experiences.

Anyway, I learnt from here:
http://www.westciv.com/style_master/.../css_tutorial/

Note: that tutorial (and most) tells you what you *can* do and *how* you
can do it. It doesn't tell you what you *should* do.

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

Lauri Raittila

in alt.html, Toby Inkster wrote:
> Nocturnal wrote:
>
> > What's the best website to learn CSS?

> Most of us here have only
> *learnt* CSS once, so it's difficult to compare learning experiences.

Yes. And different persons learn very differently. And what is useful to
learn at first has evolved...

> Anyway, I learnt from here:
> http://www.westciv.com/style_master/.../css_tutorial/

I learned from this website:
http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS2/

And, from this and comp.infosystems.www.authoring.stylesheets newsgroups
of course.

Now, would use
http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/

Of course, you really need to do some work to understand thise things.
But when you learn from spec, there is no intermidiate layer to
complicate.

> Note: that tutorial (and most) tells you what you *can* do and *how* you
> can do it. It doesn't tell you what you *should* do.

Newsgroups are very good to read for that...

Utrecht, NL.

Duncan Greenhill

Not a site, but the O'Reilly book 'Cascading stylesheets' by Eric Meyer is
great, it's certainly saved me a few headaches. There's a second edition
covering css 2.1 now.

Regards,
Duncan

"Nocturnal" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%Q52e.431$(E-Mail Removed)...
> What's the best website to learn CSS?

Adrienne

Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "Nocturnal"
<(E-Mail Removed)> writing in news:%Q52e.431$e06.50
@twister.socal.rr.com:

I learned from http://www.blooberry.com/indexdot/css

--
Adrienne Boswell
http://www.cavalcade-of-coding.info

Fat Bloke

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 20:15:27 GMT, Adrienne <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "Nocturnal"
><(E-Mail Removed)> writing in news:%Q52e.431$e06.50
>@twister.socal.rr.com:
>
>> What's the best website to learn CSS?
>>

>I learned from http://www.blooberry.com/indexdot/css

I bought the Meyer book and found it unfriendly.

I now have "HTML Utopia: Designing Without Tables Using CSS" by Dan Shafer
and it has a one-to-one, sitting-in-the-same-room, feel.
ISBN 0-9579218-2-9

This post did not necessarily reflect my opinions. So there.
Pull the pins out to reply direct.

Mark Parnell

Previously in alt.html, Nocturnal <(E-Mail Removed)> said:

> What's the best website to learn CSS?

I learnt mostly from news://alt.html.

--
Mark Parnell