Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Secondary background problem

Secondary background problem

Christopher Clark

Hi All,

I'm having trouble with a site I've built...

I use a style sheet to set up backgrounds. I have a background pattern
assigned to the body and another assigned to the wrapper. The
background for the body shows up fine, but the wrapper background
doesn't show up at all. I've looked over my work carefully and have
tried looking at other sites, but to no avail. I can't figure out what
I'm doing wrong.

I'd be most grateful if someone could have a gander and clue me in on
where my error(s) lie.

http://www.gregorywanamaker.com/

http://www.gregorywanamaker.com/c/g.css

Constructive criticisms most welcome as well.

Much thanks in advance!

Chris

Get Anonymous, Uncensored, Access to West and East Coast Server Farms!
----== Highest Retention and Completion Rates! HTTP://WWW.NEWSGROUPS.COM ==----

Oli Filth

Christopher Clark wrote:

> Hi All,
>

> I'm having trouble with a site I've built...
>
> I use a style sheet to set up backgrounds. I have a background pattern
> assigned to the body and another assigned to the wrapper. The
> background for the body shows up fine, but the wrapper background
> doesn't show up at all. I've looked over my work carefully and have
> tried looking at other sites, but to no avail. I can't figure out what
> I'm doing wrong.
>
> I'd be most grateful if someone could have a gander and clue me in on
> where my error(s) lie.

The URL for the background is wrong in the #wrapper style. Get rid of
the ../

--
Oli

Oli Filth

Oli Filth wrote:
> Christopher Clark wrote:
>

>> Hi All,
>>

>> I'm having trouble with a site I've built...
>>
>> I use a style sheet to set up backgrounds. I have a background pattern
>> assigned to the body and another assigned to the wrapper. The
>> background for the body shows up fine, but the wrapper background
>> doesn't show up at all. I've looked over my work carefully and have
>> tried looking at other sites, but to no avail. I can't figure out what
>> I'm doing wrong.
>>
>> I'd be most grateful if someone could have a gander and clue me in on
>> where my error(s) lie.
>>

> The URL for the background is wrong in the #wrapper style. Get rid of
> the ../

Sorry. The URL works. My bad! It's "y-repeat" that's wrong. It should be
"repeat-y".

--
Oli

Christopher Clark

Oli,

Much, much thanks!

Cheers,

Chris

> It's "y-repeat" that's wrong. It should be "repeat-y".

Get Anonymous, Uncensored, Access to West and East Coast Server Farms!
----== Highest Retention and Completion Rates! HTTP://WWW.NEWSGROUPS.COM ==----

Blinky the Shark

Christopher Clark wrote:

> Oli,

> Much, much thanks!

I think that error would've been caught by the W3C validator. Your
main page doesn't pass now, either.

http://validator.w3.org/

> Cheers,

> Chris

>> It's "y-repeat" that's wrong. It should be "repeat-y".

--
Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
Who has implemented Usenet Solution #45933: