Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > logo in adress-bar

logo in adress-bar

Dano

How do some sites get their logo into the adress-bar when the site is
retrieved? This logo also appears in the Favorites when checked. How do they
do this? E.g. www.yahoo.com and www.medion.com
Is it annoying for the surfing crowd?

regards
Dan

Oli Filth

Dano wrote:
> How do some sites get their logo into the adress-bar when the site is
> retrieved? This logo also appears in the Favorites when checked. How do they
> do this? E.g. www.yahoo.com and www.medion.com
> Is it annoying for the surfing crowd?
>
> regards
> Dan

Google for "favicon".

--
Oli

Dano

"Oli Filth" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
news:6_V0e.590$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Dano wrote:
>> How do some sites get their logo into the adress-bar when the site is
>> retrieved? This logo also appears in the Favorites when checked. How do
>> they do this? E.g. www.yahoo.com and www.medion.com
>> Is it annoying for the surfing crowd?
>>
>> regards
>> Dan

> Google for "favicon".

Thanks, that's it....

THe other part: i it an annoying feature for a website?

--
Dan

Hywel Jenkins

In article <d219o8$63o$(E-Mail Removed)1.ov.home.nl>,
> How do some sites get their logo into the adress-bar when the site is
> retrieved? This logo also appears in the Favorites when checked. How do they
> do this? E.g. www.yahoo.com and www.medion.com

A simple search at Google would have answered this for you - someone
asks it every week.

> Is it annoying for the surfing crowd?

Yes. No. Maybe.

--
Hywel http://kibo.org.uk/
I do not eat quiche.

Travis Newbury

Dano wrote:
> > Google for "favicon".

> Thanks, that's it....
> THe other part: i it an annoying feature for a website?

No, but seeing this same question appear 2 times a week in the
newsgroup is...

--
-=tn=-

How to: Make A Custom Logo Silverstrand Reviews & How-To's 9 09-01-2005 12:32 PM
MS Windows logo in Foxfire's tulebar Dan Firefox 6 10-09-2004 02:52 AM
quick time logo wc Firefox 1 09-27-2004 07:04 AM
pesky windows logo instead of firefox on scrollbar buggerbuggerbugger Firefox 7 08-09-2004 02:13 PM
New logo; where can I get it in good quality Gary Luck Firefox 5 05-07-2004 01:04 PM

Advertisments