Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > orphan iframe problem

orphan iframe problem

Wayne...

I've been trying to sove teh problem of my pages that come up in search
engines coming up without the frameset. Luckily enough I found an extension
for dreamweaver that automates the ?page.htm thing

no matter how I try I can't get it to load itself into the frameset. If I
try either of the examples below I get the main contentpage.

www.dashdotslash.net/?blog.php

or

www.dashdotslash.net/?blog.php~main

anyone got any ideas why this is happening? the name of the extension is
ifram Buster and the pages are dymanically gernerated but I can't see how
thats a pronblem. The ifram in index.htm is set up correctly and named
etc.... any reason why this shouldn't work? I realise this is a bit of a
vauge enquiry but I'm at a loss here.

Wayne...

Nico Schuyt

Wayne... wrote:
> I've been trying to sove teh problem of my pages that come up in
> search engines coming up without the frameset.

Dump the frames. To include the menu on every page is nothing more than a
snippet of PHP-code like <? include "menu.htm"; ?> .

--
Nico
http://www.nicoschuyt.nl

Wayne...

"Nico Schuyt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:42426781$0$84251$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Wayne... wrote:
> > I've been trying to sove teh problem of my pages that come up in
> > search engines coming up without the frameset.

> Dump the frames. To include the menu on every page is nothing more than a
> snippet of PHP-code like <? include "menu.htm"; ?> .
>
> --
> Nico
> http://www.nicoschuyt.nl

I already know this but the iframe is there for a reason. It also contains
the content not just the menu. All I need to know is why the stadanrd ways
of loading the frameset don't work on my page.

Wayne...