Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > <fieldset> & CSS

<fieldset> & CSS

luke

I'm trying to use an image as a background for a text input box.

<form>
</form>

I'm using this code as part of my css to overcome a background repeat bug in
IE 5/6.

fieldset>input.textfield {
background: transparent
url("image.jpg") no-repeat;
}

This works great. The only problem I have now is that it seems the
<fieldset> tag is causing problems in Opera. Is there any way I can ditech
the fieldset and still have the CSS code above?

form>input.textfield {
background: transparent
url("image.jpg") no-repeat;
}

Changing "fieldset" to "form" doesn't work. Any ideas?

Steve Pugh

"luke" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I'm trying to use an image as a background for a text input box.
>
><form>
></form>
>
>I'm using this code as part of my css to overcome a background repeat bug in
>IE 5/6.
>
>fieldset>input.textfield {

Shouldn't that be
fieldset>input.cheese ?

> background: transparent
> url("image.jpg") no-repeat;
>}
>

>This works great. The only problem I have now is that it seems the
><fieldset> tag is causing problems in Opera.

Opera has problems with styles and fieldset. Some work, some don't.

>Is there any way I can ditech
>the fieldset and still have the CSS code above?

html>body input.textfield {}

Hidden from IE, seen by Opera, Gecko, Safari.

Steve

Disco Octopus

luke wrote :
> I'm trying to use an image as a background for a text input box.
>
> <form>
> </form>
>
> I'm using this code as part of my css to overcome a background repeat bug in
> IE 5/6.
>
> fieldset>input.textfield {
> background: transparent
> url("image.jpg") no-repeat;
> }
>

> This works great. The only problem I have now is that it seems the
> <fieldset> tag is causing problems in Opera. Is there any way I can ditech
> the fieldset and still have the CSS code above?
>
> form>input.textfield {
> background: transparent
> url("image.jpg") no-repeat;
> }
>
> Changing "fieldset" to "form" doesn't work. Any ideas?

try this.....
fieldset input.cheese {
instead of this....
fieldset>input.cheese {

ie. use the "descendant of" rather than the "child of" selector.

Does this work for what you want?

--
if you pay for your gym memebership, use it