Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > intranet ie blocking java and DHTML scrips

intranet ie blocking java and DHTML scrips

Jon

I'm setting up a small intranet at work (not a true intranet using IIS) but
one constructed of a shared folder called "intranet" with html files,
folders, images etc... My XP SP2 with IE 6 system keeps brining up the
information bar and trying to block my flash and javascript's. How can I
enable these so that users don't have to click "allow content each time?)

thanks

Jon

Steve Pugh

"Jon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I'm setting up a small intranet at work (not a true intranet using IIS) but
>one constructed of a shared folder called "intranet" with html files,
>folders, images etc... My XP SP2 with IE 6 system keeps brining up the
>information bar and trying to block my flash and javascript's. How can I
>enable these so that users don't have to click "allow content each time?)

Go round to each desktop and change the security settings. Or get your
users to use a browser other than IE. Or set up a proper (or even an
IIS one ) intranet.

Steve

Jon

Changing security settings doesn't seem to work?

When you say setup a proper intranet or indeed an IIS one, what did you mean
(are there ? What's a "proper" intranet as opposed to an IIS intranet?

I also know nothing about IIS? so wouldn't know where to start (I'm a
hardware/networks IT engineer not a web engineer)

"Steve Pugh" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Jon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >I'm setting up a small intranet at work (not a true intranet using IIS)

but
> >one constructed of a shared folder called "intranet" with html files,
> >folders, images etc... My XP SP2 with IE 6 system keeps brining up the
> >information bar and trying to block my flash and javascript's. How can I
> >enable these so that users don't have to click "allow content each time?)

> Go round to each desktop and change the security settings. Or get your
> users to use a browser other than IE. Or set up a proper (or even an
> IIS one ) intranet.
>
> Steve
>
> --
> "My theories appal you, my heresies outrage you,
> I never answer letters and you don't like my tie." - The Doctor
>
> Steve Pugh <(E-Mail Removed)> <http://steve.pugh.net/>

SpaceGirl

Jon wrote:
> Changing security settings doesn't seem to work?
>
> When you say setup a proper intranet or indeed an IIS one, what did you mean
> (are there ? What's a "proper" intranet as opposed to an IIS intranet?
>
> I also know nothing about IIS? so wouldn't know where to start (I'm a
> hardware/networks IT engineer not a web engineer)
>
> "Steve Pugh" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>"Jon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>

>>>I'm setting up a small intranet at work (not a true intranet using IIS)

> but
>
>>>one constructed of a shared folder called "intranet" with html files,
>>>folders, images etc... My XP SP2 with IE 6 system keeps brining up the
>>>information bar and trying to block my flash and javascript's. How can I
>>>enable these so that users don't have to click "allow content each time?)

>>Go round to each desktop and change the security settings. Or get your
>>users to use a browser other than IE. Or set up a proper (or even an
>>IIS one ) intranet.
>>
>>Steve
>>
>>--
>>"My theories appal you, my heresies outrage you,
>> I never answer letters and you don't like my tie." - The Doctor
>>
>>Steve Pugh <(E-Mail Removed)> <http://steve.pugh.net/>

He was making a dig at IIS. There's nothing wrong with IIS, and it's a
LOT easier to setup and manage.