Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > intersting pure css menu no scripting

intersting pure css menu no scripting

Richard

http://ww2.netpenny.net/~bcreswell/My_Ul_Menus/

This one relies on displaying the <a> as either block or none.
Would be nice if it could have more than one sublevel though.

Steve Pugh

"Richard" <Anonymous@127.001> wrote:

>http://ww2.netpenny.net/~bcreswell/My_Ul_Menus/
>
>This one relies on displaying the <a> as either block or none.

And hence the sub-levels can not contain links as <a> elements can not
nest.

>Would be nice if it could have more than one sublevel though.

As IE only supports :hover on <a> elements and as <a> elements can not
be nested that's not possible if (a) you care about IE users and (b)
you want CSS only solutions.

All the multi-level menu linked examples from that page either use JS
or don't work in IE. Some of them break badly.

Steve