Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Background color of links

Background color of links

Jens Lenge

Hello world,

I would like to highlight a hovered link with a background color that covers
the entire width of the surrounding DIV instead of just the area where text
is. When I set a background-color for "a:hover" the background color will
only be where text is (example: http://www.photoss.de/test/test.htm).

I tried a number of approaches, but nothing worked. Maybe I just need a kick
in the right direction...
What would be a suitable approach to achive this look?

Jens

David Dorward

Jens Lenge wrote:
> I would like to highlight a hovered link with a background color that
> covers the entire width of the surrounding DIV instead of just the area
> where text is.

http://css.maxdesign.com.au/listamatic/ - with free better markup!

Home is where the ~/.bashrc is

Jens Lenge