Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > ok...one more question

ok...one more question

jojo

Thanks for your previous responses!

when I go to my website, www.godisstillspeakingaustin.org
my page does not come up.
if I got to www.godisstillspeakingaustin.org/home.html it does.
How do I make my page come up with just www.godisstillspeakingaustin.org

Thanks,
jojo

Els

jojo wrote:

> Thanks for your previous responses!
>
> when I go to my website, www.godisstillspeakingaustin.org
> my page does not come up.
> if I got to www.godisstillspeakingaustin.org/home.html it
> does. How do I make my page come up with just
> www.godisstillspeakingaustin.org

Rename home.html to index.html

--
Els http://locusmeus.com/
- Renato Russo -

jojo

"Els" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> jojo wrote:
>
> > Thanks for your previous responses!
> >
> > when I go to my website, www.godisstillspeakingaustin.org
> > my page does not come up.
> > if I got to www.godisstillspeakingaustin.org/home.html it
> > does. How do I make my page come up with just
> > www.godisstillspeakingaustin.org

> Rename home.html to index.html
>
> --
> Els http://locusmeus.com/
> Sonhos vem. Sonhos vo. O resto imperfeito.
> - Renato Russo -
> Now playing: Deep Purple - Pictures Of Home

Thanks you!
That certainly was easy!

jojo

SpaceGirl

jojo wrote:
> "Els" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
>>jojo wrote:
>>

>>>Thanks for your previous responses!
>>>
>>>when I go to my website, www.godisstillspeakingaustin.org
>>>my page does not come up.
>>>if I got to www.godisstillspeakingaustin.org/home.html it
>>>does. How do I make my page come up with just
>>>www.godisstillspeakingaustin.org

>>Rename home.html to index.html
>>
>>--
>>Els http://locusmeus.com/
>>Sonhos vem. Sonhos vo. O resto imperfeito.
>> - Renato Russo -
>>Now playing: Deep Purple - Pictures Of Home

> Thanks you!
> That certainly was easy!
>
> jojo

Els is our Godess. She knows everything

--

x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

Jan Faerber

SpaceGirl wrote:

> [...]

^^^^^^^^^

>>> Rename home.html to index.html

>> Thanks you!
>> That certainly was easy!
>>
>> jojo

> Els is our Godess. She knows everything

Or set the directive
"DirectoryIndex home.html"
in your httpd.conf.

--
Jan

http://www.janfaerber.com

Els

Jan Faerber wrote:

> ^^^^^^^^^

> Or set the directive
> "DirectoryIndex home.html"
> in your httpd.conf.

Unless you have your own server, you usually don't have access
to httpd.conf

--
Els
http://locusmeus.com/

kchayka

Els wrote:

> Unless you have your own server, you usually don't have access
> to httpd.conf

However, many directives can be put in .htaccess, which you probably
*do* have access to.

Els

kchayka wrote:

> Els wrote:
>>
>> Unless you have your own server, you usually don't have
>> access to httpd.conf

> However, many directives can be put in .htaccess, which you
> probably *do* have access to.

That's true - although I have no idea what to add to the
..htaccess file to make home.html the default in a directory.

--
Els
http://locusmeus.com/

Duende

While sitting in a puddle Els scribbled in the mud:

> kchayka wrote:
>
>> Els wrote:
>>>
>>> Unless you have your own server, you usually don't have
>>> access to httpd.conf

>> However, many directives can be put in .htaccess, which you
>> probably *do* have access to.

> That's true - although I have no idea what to add to the
> .htaccess file to make home.html the default in a directory.

DirectoryIndex home.html

--
D?

kchayka

Els wrote:

> I have no idea what to add to the
> .htaccess file to make home.html the default in a directory.

Just add 1 line and put the .htaccess file in the server root directory:

DirectoryIndex home.html index.html

The above means it will look for home.html first. If not there, look for
index.html.

Note that this applies to the directory where the .htaccess file is
located and all its subdirectories.