Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > No-Text Sites

No-Text Sites

kchayka

JDS wrote:
> On Thu, 03 Mar 2005 04:38:53 +0000, Blinky the Shark wrote:
>>
>> http://www.neworleansyogacenter.com/directions.htm

> My guess: This site was done by either
>
> (1) a complete novice to the web
>
> or
>
> (2) a print designer who didn't understand the web
>
> or some combination of the two. (Not mutually exclusive)

You can tell it's a slice-and-splice Fireworks/Dreamweaver construction
from the image names and JavaScript, so it's probably mostly #2.

I'm not sure a *complete* novice would be skilled enough with the tools
to do this, but I could be wrong.

Blinky the Shark

JDS wrote:

> On Thu, 03 Mar 2005 04:38:53 +0000, Blinky the Shark wrote:

>> So, once "everybody"[1] has broadband, will text be considered
>> archaic, in favor of all-image sites?

>> http://www.neworleansyogacenter.com/directions.htm

>> [1]Which really means "everybody who's creating websites, actual
>> users be damned".

> My guess: This site was done by either

> (1) a complete novice to the web

> or

> (2) a print designer who didn't understand the web

> or some combination of the two. (Not mutually exclusive)

It was drawn to my attention by a friend, who introduced it with:

"Here's a site with no text, only images positioned in tables plus some
javascript for the menu. Why the site designer made that decision is a
bit of a mystery, with the only clue being that she recently took a web
design class at a well-respected university. (I don't know her, just
know people who do know her and who had to figure out why the new design
led to the site falling completely off Google's radar.)"

At least the claim isn't that she "took a well-respected web design
class".

--
Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
Who has implemented Usenet Solution #45933:

2 sites or not 2 sites Yitzak ASP .Net 5 03-10-2009 11:05 AM
using python to visit web sites and print the web sites image to files imx Python 10 03-14-2007 02:19 PM
Sites about web-sites ? Jasbird HTML 1 09-28-2006 06:21 PM
How do prevent sites to be loaded in other sites frames? Stefan Caliandro HTML 2 02-14-2005 06:05 PM
ISO: Web sites for images (pay sites preferred) Kevin Buchan ASP .Net 1 02-20-2004 09:34 AM

Advertisments