Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > No-Text Sites

No-Text Sites

Blinky the Shark

So, once "everybody"[1] has broadband, will text be considered archaic, in
favor of all-image sites?

http://www.neworleansyogacenter.com/directions.htm

[1]Which really means "everybody who's creating websites, actual users
be damned".
--
Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
Who has implemented Usenet Solution #45933:

Mark Parnell

Previously in alt.html, Blinky the Shark <(E-Mail Removed)> said:

> So, once "everybody"[1] has broadband, will text be considered archaic, in
> favor of all-image sites?
>
> http://www.neworleansyogacenter.com/directions.htm

Sadly, that's not the first site I've seen like that. I remember one (I
think it was posted here a couple of years ago) which was just one
massive image. I don't think there were even any links. *sigh*

--
Mark Parnell
http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au

Joel Shepherd

In article, Blinky the Shark <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> So, once "everybody"[1] has broadband, will text be considered archaic, in
> favor of all-image sites?

Yes. In addition, books, magazines, newspapers, menus, movie credits,
contracts and financial statements will _all_ fall into universal
disuse, within the next five years I'd say. The information they contain
will either no longer be relevant to anyone, or readily replaced by cute
clip-art.

Urgh...

--
Joel.

Blinky the Shark

Joel Shepherd wrote:

> In article, Blinky the Shark <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> So, once "everybody"[1] has broadband, will text be considered archaic, in
>> favor of all-image sites?

> Yes. In addition, books, magazines, newspapers, menus, movie credits,
> contracts and financial statements will _all_ fall into universal
> disuse, within the next five years I'd say. The information they contain
> will either no longer be relevant to anyone, or readily replaced by cute
> clip-art.

Now there's an image (no pun intended): a clip-art NDA.

> Urgh...

<AOL> me to </AOL>

--
Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
Who has implemented Usenet Solution #45933:

Andy Dingley

It was somewhere outside Barstow when Blinky the Shark
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>So, once "everybody"[1] has broadband, will text be considered archaic, in
>favor of all-image sites?

No, I think this is just an old hangover from M$ Publisher (the worst
HTML creator ever)

Carolyn Marenger

On Thu, 03 Mar 2005 04:38:53 +0000, Blinky the Shark wrote:

> So, once "everybody"[1] has broadband, will text be considered archaic, in
> favor of all-image sites?

I suppose that once everybody has broadband, and not the slower versions
of it, along with everyone being cured of their vision problems, and of
course everyone learning English, or some other language, then I might
consider it. Until then, nahhh.

Carolyn

Oli Filth

Mark Parnell wrote:
> Previously in alt.html, Blinky the Shark <(E-Mail Removed)> said:
>

>>So, once "everybody"[1] has broadband, will text be considered archaic, in
>>favor of all-image sites?
>>
>>http://www.neworleansyogacenter.com/directions.htm

> Sadly, that's not the first site I've seen like that. I remember one (I
> think it was posted here a couple of years ago) which was just one
> massive image. I don't think there were even any links. *sigh*

Well, more fool the designer, when they find that their site isn't
getting indexed by search engines!

--
Oli

JDS

On Thu, 03 Mar 2005 11:45:01 +0000, Andy Dingley wrote:

> No, I think this is just an old hangover from M$ Publisher (the worst
> HTML creator ever)

Look at the code. This site was almost certainly created with DreamWeaver.

--
JDS | http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)lid
| http://www.newtnotes.com

JDS

On Thu, 03 Mar 2005 04:38:53 +0000, Blinky the Shark wrote:

> So, once "everybody"[1] has broadband, will text be considered archaic, in
> favor of all-image sites?
>
> http://www.neworleansyogacenter.com/directions.htm
>
> [1]Which really means "everybody who's creating websites, actual users
> be damned".

My guess: This site was done by either

(1) a complete novice to the web

or

(2) a print designer who didn't understand the web

or some combination of the two. (Not mutually exclusive)

--
JDS | (E-Mail Removed)lid
| http://www.newtnotes.com

Carolyn Marenger

On Thu, 03 Mar 2005 13:16:56 +0000, Oli Filth wrote:

> Mark Parnell wrote:
>> Previously in alt.html, Blinky the Shark <(E-Mail Removed)> said:
>>

>>>So, once "everybody"[1] has broadband, will text be considered archaic, in
>>>favor of all-image sites?
>>>
>>>http://www.neworleansyogacenter.com/directions.htm

>> Sadly, that's not the first site I've seen like that. I remember one (I
>> think it was posted here a couple of years ago) which was just one
>> massive image. I don't think there were even any links. *sigh*
>>

> Well, more fool the designer, when they find that their site isn't
> getting indexed by search engines!

Shhh! Don't tell them that... less competition in the search engines for
the rest of us.

Carolyn

2 sites or not 2 sites Yitzak ASP .Net 5 03-10-2009 11:05 AM
using python to visit web sites and print the web sites image to files imx Python 10 03-14-2007 02:19 PM
Sites about web-sites ? Jasbird HTML 1 09-28-2006 06:21 PM
How do prevent sites to be loaded in other sites frames? Stefan Caliandro HTML 2 02-14-2005 06:05 PM
ISO: Web sites for images (pay sites preferred) Kevin Buchan ASP .Net 1 02-20-2004 09:34 AM

Advertisments