Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > eek where my scrollybar

eek where my scrollybar

the idiot

ive rebuilt my site using scrolling divs instead of iframes but appear to
have lost my main scrollybar...
is this a natural result of using scrolling divs or have i done something
very very wrong?
http://www.seanmcallister.com/html/index.html
tia

and im still learning so no laughing please

Richard

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 21:54:13 -0000 the idiot wrote:

> ive rebuilt my site using scrolling divs instead of iframes but appear to
> have lost my main scrollybar...
> is this a natural result of using scrolling divs or have i done something
> very very wrong?
> http://www.seanmcallister.com/html/index.html
> tia
>
> and im still learning so no laughing please

Yup. Since you designed the page to fit nicely into 1024x768 no scrollbars
needed.
Interesting way of doing things. But I'd give the text area a bit more
height.
You could drop the email block down beside "tenfoot films".
Unless you plan on adding more text later, I see no viable reason for the
scrollbars.
Good job.

Jonathan N. Little

the idiot wrote:
> ive rebuilt my site using scrolling divs instead of iframes but appear to
> have lost my main scrollybar...
> is this a natural result of using scrolling divs or have i done something
> very very wrong?
> http://www.seanmcallister.com/html/index.html
> tia
>
> and im still learning so no laughing please

Sean:
In your stylesheet, notice the 'overflow' setting....

BODY { margin-top:5px; background: #45678A;overflow: hidden;}

remove it and see what happens! Then reference

http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/visufx.ht...rflow-clipping

--
Take care,

Jonathan
-------------------
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

the idiot

"Jonathan N. Little" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:iSSUd.4128$(E-Mail Removed)...
> the idiot wrote:
> > ive rebuilt my site using scrolling divs instead of iframes but appear

> > have lost my main scrollybar...
> > is this a natural result of using scrolling divs or have i done

something
> > very very wrong?
> > http://www.seanmcallister.com/html/index.html
> > tia
> >
> > and im still learning so no laughing please
> >

> Sean:
> In your stylesheet, notice the 'overflow' setting....
>
> BODY { margin-top:5px; background: #45678A;overflow: hidden;}
>
> remove it and see what happens! Then reference
>
> http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/visufx.ht...rflow-clipping
>

> --

will try that ta...

the idiot

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 21:54:13 -0000 the idiot wrote:
>
> > ive rebuilt my site using scrolling divs instead of iframes but appear

> > have lost my main scrollybar...
> > is this a natural result of using scrolling divs or have i done

something
> > very very wrong?
> > http://www.seanmcallister.com/html/index.html
> > tia
> >
> > and im still learning so no laughing please
> >

> Yup. Since you designed the page to fit nicely into 1024x768 no

scrollbars
> needed.
> Interesting way of doing things. But I'd give the text area a bit more
> height.
> You could drop the email block down beside "tenfoot films".
> Unless you plan on adding more text later, I see no viable reason for the
> scrollbars.
> Good job.

ahhh but no but no but yes but its just when i drop the resolution to 800
this page gets almost lost. at 640 its worse.
http://www.seanmcallister.com/html/pics.html

the idiot

"Jonathan N. Little" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:iSSUd.4128$(E-Mail Removed)...
> the idiot wrote:
> > ive rebuilt my site using scrolling divs instead of iframes but appear

> > have lost my main scrollybar...
> > is this a natural result of using scrolling divs or have i done

something
> > very very wrong?
> > http://www.seanmcallister.com/html/index.html
> > tia
> >
> > and im still learning so no laughing please
> >

> Sean:
> In your stylesheet, notice the 'overflow' setting....
>
> BODY { margin-top:5px; background: #45678A;overflow: hidden;}
>
> remove it and see what happens! Then reference
>
> http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/visufx.ht...rflow-clipping
>

> --

aha cheers sir... i thought the 'overflow hidden' bit was an essential part
of the coding for a scrolling div... which id nicked from a page showing
how to make one - thatll teach me.
ta very much again.
kev

the idiot

"the idiot" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Richard" <Anonymous@127.001> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 21:54:13 -0000 the idiot wrote:
> >
> > > ive rebuilt my site using scrolling divs instead of iframes but

appear
> > > have lost my main scrollybar...
> > > is this a natural result of using scrolling divs or have i done

> something
> > > very very wrong?
> > > http://www.seanmcallister.com/html/index.html
> > > tia
> > >
> > > and im still learning so no laughing please
> > >

> > Yup. Since you designed the page to fit nicely into 1024x768 no

> scrollbars
> > needed.
> > Interesting way of doing things. But I'd give the text area a bit more
> > height.
> > You could drop the email block down beside "tenfoot films".
> > Unless you plan on adding more text later, I see no viable reason for

the
> > scrollbars.
> > Good job.
> >

> ahhh but no but no but yes but its just when i drop the resolution to 800
> this page gets almost lost. at 640 its worse.
> http://www.seanmcallister.com/html/pics.html

prob solved....... ta

jake

In message <(E-Mail Removed)>, the idiot
<(E-Mail Removed)> writes
>ive rebuilt my site using scrolling divs instead of iframes but appear to
>have lost my main scrollybar...
>is this a natural result of using scrolling divs or have i done something
>very very wrong?
>http://www.seanmcallister.com/html/index.html
>tia
>
>and im still learning so no laughing please

"eek where my main navigation"

http://www.gododdin.demon.co.uk/ng/EEK01X.JPG (45k)

regards
--
Jake

the idiot

"jake" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In message <(E-Mail Removed)>, the idiot
> <(E-Mail Removed)> writes
> >ive rebuilt my site using scrolling divs instead of iframes but appear

> >have lost my main scrollybar...
> >is this a natural result of using scrolling divs or have i done something
> >very very wrong?
> >http://www.seanmcallister.com/html/index.html
> >tia
> >
> >and im still learning so no laughing please
> >

> "eek where my main navigation"
>
> http://www.gododdin.demon.co.uk/ng/EEK01X.JPG (45k)

bugger. youve just made a good (if wet & cold) day very very bad.
arghhhhhhhhhh.
what do you have turned off to cause such madness?

Steve Pugh

"the idiot" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>"jake" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> the idiot <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>>
>> >http://www.seanmcallister.com/html/index.html
>> >

>> "eek where my main navigation"
>>
>> http://www.gododdin.demon.co.uk/ng/EEK01X.JPG (45k)
>>

>what do you have turned off to cause such madness?

JavaScript.

Steve