Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Re my style sheet and explorer 5.1 for mac

Re my style sheet and explorer 5.1 for mac

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Simon wrote:
> All is well at the moment with my simple code Ive got the fuction I
> needed. (7pt )its for the copyright detail at the bottom but I get
> your points. Im on a learning curve here .

Normally, copyright is either a <div> or perhaps even a <p> paragraph,
if you have some text. It wouldn't be a heading. Never use pt for a
web page.

..copyright { font-size: 85%; }

--
-bts
-This space intentionally left blank.

Lauri Raittila

in alt.html, Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
> Simon wrote:

> Normally, copyright is either a <div> or perhaps even a <p> paragraph,
> if you have some text.

Or <address>, if it contains information about author of document. If you
use that, it is good to remember to use font-style:normal, as otherwise
you get slanted text on most cases.(Browsers call it italic, but unlike
real italics, it is hard to read)

Utrecht, NL.

Adrienne

Gazing into my crystal ball I observed http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) writing in
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com:

Please quote relavent portions previous thread...

>>> h6 {font-size: 7pt; }
>>>
>>> It all works fine in netscape 7 where I can change all the colours and
>>> font size.
>>>
>>> But in explorer 5.1 for mac I can only change the font size.
>>>
>>> The font size is ok at the moment its the background colour thats the
>>> problem it wont change in explorer.
>>>

>> You should not be using points for font size, it is not resizable, use
>> percentages.

> The font size is ok at the moment its the background colour thats the
> problem it wont change in explorer.

The font size is NOT ok at the momemnt, because it cannot be resized.

--
Adrienne Boswell
http://www.cavalcade-of-coding.info