Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > is it possible to abort a refresh on my page ?

is it possible to abort a refresh on my page ?

Mel

i have aplets and refreshing can kill me in the long run. is it possible to
get rid of refresh somehow ?

i am poping a window with no decorations, user can however hit F5 to refresh
the page

thanks

Steve Pugh

"Mel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>i have aplets and refreshing can kill me in the long run. is it possible to
>get rid of refresh somehow ?

No. Either write your applets in such a way that a refresh doesn't
have adverse effects or put a note on the page asking users not to
refresh.

>i am poping a window with no decorations, user can however hit F5 to refresh
>the page

You can try to capture keypresses and mouse clicks with JavaScript
but...

Steve