Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Extra "border" problem

Extra "border" problem

KiwiBrian

Whenever I nest one div inside another I seem to get a portion of the
outside div background surrounding the inside div content.
In the following page there is a 1 or 2 pixel wide green side border of the
background colour of the outside div showing which I cannot get rid of.
I had created the div with the green background because when I inserted the
graphic at the top of the page onto a white background, there was the same
effect of it being surrounded by a narrow white background. in a
manifestation of the same problem.
I thought it might be a "white-space in the source" problem, but not so.
The green side borders are evident in both IE6 and Firefox..
Any help would be appreciated.

http://www.hibiscuslink.co.nz/Educat...hools/dfp.html

Thanks
Brian Tozer

..

mscir

KiwiBrian wrote:
> Whenever I nest one div inside another I seem to get a portion of the
> outside div background surrounding the inside div content.
> In the following page there is a 1 or 2 pixel wide green side border of the
> background colour of the outside div showing which I cannot get rid of.
> I had created the div with the green background because when I inserted the
> graphic at the top of the page onto a white background, there was the same
> effect of it being surrounded by a narrow white background. in a
> manifestation of the same problem.
> I thought it might be a "white-space in the source" problem, but not so.
> The green side borders are evident in both IE6 and Firefox..
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> http://www.hibiscuslink.co.nz/Educat...hools/dfp.html
>
> Thanks
> Brian Tozer

If I understand you correctly this will fix it:

..div3{
border: 5px solid black;
padding: 2px;
background-color: #FFFFFF; /* #D3F1CD; */
}

Mike

Stupid regex problem, s/// catching extra letter Jason C Perl Misc 2 07-18-2012 12:30 PM
Does return-by-value mean extra copies and extra overhead? mathieu C++ 3 09-04-2009 04:25 PM
Extra gap problem in FF KiwiBrian HTML 2 05-15-2006 05:15 PM
wireless question - extra gateway =?Utf-8?B?Uks=?= Wireless Networking 0 07-24-2004 08:14 PM
Recurring problem, getting rid of extra space (no <br>)??? fitwell HTML 2 10-20-2003 01:27 PM

Advertisments