Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Auto width query

Auto width query

KiwiBrian

I am trying to create a particular page using divs instead of tables.
I have the left side done, and because of the design it is using some
absolutely positioned images.
How do I create a right side div which will automatically adjust to fill the
width available.
I thought it would be simple, and probably is, but not for me today.
TIA
Brian Tozer

KiwiBrian

Cancel Panic.
Working now.
B.

"KiwiBrian" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cv8no6$o68$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am trying to create a particular page using divs instead of tables.
> I have the left side done, and because of the design it is using some
> absolutely positioned images.
> How do I create a right side div which will automatically adjust to fill
> the width available.
> I thought it would be simple, and probably is, but not for me today.
> TIA
> Brian Tozer

Barbara de Zoete

On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 14:05:10 +1300, KiwiBrian <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I am trying to create a particular page using divs instead of tables.

I do hope you mean 'using appropriate and meaningful markup' instead of tables.
The div-part being the least of your worries probably.

> I have the left side done, and because of the design it is using some
> absolutely positioned images.

It would help greatly if we get a look at what you mean by 'done'. URL?

<http://www.google.com/search?q=two+column+layout+css>
<http://www.google.com/search?q=liquid+OR+fluid+design>