Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Opinions

Opinions

Mike Terry

Hi all,

Please could you give me your opinions on this design? What do you
like/dislike about the layout and feel? It's an enhancement of a post I made
a few weeks ago.

http://www.nowaysylent.co.uk/richmedia2/index2.html

Cheers,

Richard

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Mike Terry wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Please could you give me your opinions on this design? What do you
> like/dislike about the layout and feel? It's an enhancement of a post I made
> a few weeks ago.
>
> http://www.nowaysylent.co.uk/richmedia2/index2.html

Have a look at it in Firefox with a slightly larger text size.

BTW, I love the aqua background color. Oh wait, that is *my* default
showing because you forgot one...

--
-bts
-This space intentionally left blank.

Mike Terry

Ok thank you good point - exactly the sort I posted it for! Fixed the
background.

Am having trouble with my CSS making my bottom DIV show. Any ideas?

And thoughts on the design in general?

Richard

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Mike Terry wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Please could you give me your opinions on this design? What do you
> > like/dislike about the layout and feel? It's an enhancement of a post I

made
> > a few weeks ago.
> >
> > http://www.nowaysylent.co.uk/richmedia2/index2.html

> Have a look at it in Firefox with a slightly larger text size.
>
> BTW, I love the aqua background color. Oh wait, that is *my* default
> showing because you forgot one...
>
> --
> -bts
> -This space intentionally left blank.

Mike Terry

Oh actually the bottom DIV is showing now.

Richard

"Mike Terry" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cv5uhj$2bv$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Ok thank you good point - exactly the sort I posted it for! Fixed the
> background.
>
> Am having trouble with my CSS making my bottom DIV show. Any ideas?
>
> And thoughts on the design in general?
>
> Richard
>
> "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Mike Terry wrote:
> >
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > Please could you give me your opinions on this design? What do you
> > > like/dislike about the layout and feel? It's an enhancement of a post

> made
> > > a few weeks ago.
> > >
> > > http://www.nowaysylent.co.uk/richmedia2/index2.html

> > Have a look at it in Firefox with a slightly larger text size.
> >
> > BTW, I love the aqua background color. Oh wait, that is *my* default
> > showing because you forgot one...
> >
> > --
> > -bts
> > -This space intentionally left blank.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Mike Terry wrote:
[top-posting corrected; don't do that either]

> "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>> Mike Terry wrote:
>>
>>> Please could you give me your opinions on this design? What do
>>> you like/dislike about the layout and feel? It's an enhancement
>>> of a post I made a few weeks ago.
>>>
>>> http://www.nowaysylent.co.uk/richmedia2/index2.html

>> Have a look at it in Firefox with a slightly larger text size.

A simple 10% increase in font size shoves your content outside the box.

>> BTW, I love the aqua background color. Oh wait, that is *my*
>> default showing because you forgot one...

> Ok thank you good point - exactly the sort I posted it for! Fixed
> the background.
>
> Am having trouble with my CSS making my bottom DIV show. Any ideas?
>
> And thoughts on the design in general?

It doesn't really look any different than I remember. And without
trying to dig out the old thread, I'm sure someone must have told you
do not use px (tiny ones at that), use 100% for font, and em for
sizing, and not use Verdana, and ... no multi-posting or top-posting.

Oh, I don't care for your all-lower-case title either... Why is it
"rich media" in the title, "RichMedia" in the content, and
"rich-media" in the domain name?

--
-bts
-This space intentionally left blank.

Rob_W

Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
[snipped]>

> Oh, I don't care for your all-lower-case title either... Why is it "rich
> media" in the title, "RichMedia" in the content, and "rich-media" in the
> domain name?

And while you're at it
check your verbs

quote: "RichMedia work " unquote
quote: "RichMedia aims " unquote

mscir

Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
> Mike Terry wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> Please could you give me your opinions on this design? What do you
>> like/dislike about the layout and feel? It's an enhancement of a post
>> I made a few weeks ago.
>> http://www.nowaysylent.co.uk/richmedia2/index2.html

> Have a look at it in Firefox with a slightly larger text size.

<snip>

I like it very much, it's clean & easy to look at with very nice use of
color, and it's easy to see what's offered, except I'd have hovertext
over the 3 images at the top so you know where you're going when they're
clicked on.

I see the same problem in Netscape 7.2 that Beauregard saw in FF. I'd
try to make the text flow when the text size is changed. But overall it
looks really good, come to think of it... this is the first time I've
seen a site that uses a clouds image that I liked.

Mike

Mike Terry

> A simple 10% increase in font size shoves your content outside the box.

Lucky that most people will view it at the default size then!

> It doesn't really look any different than I remember. And without
> trying to dig out the old thread, I'm sure someone must have told you
> do not use px (tiny ones at that), use 100% for font, and em for
> sizing, and not use Verdana, and ... no multi-posting or top-posting.

What's wrong with Verdana and px? Excuse my ignorance.

> Oh, I don't care for your all-lower-case title either... Why is it
> "rich media" in the title, "RichMedia" in the content, and
> "rich-media" in the domain name?

The text isn't the final version yet, I'm just concerned with the layout.
The domain is a problem as no "richmedia" domains available, so I'm still
not 100% certain about the name.

Cheers,

Richard

rf

"Mike Terry" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote

> Please could you give me your opinions on this design?

So you just said over in alt.html.critique. Do I have to waste my time and
answer this question everywhere?

In the future to not multipost.

http://users.bigpond.net.au/rf/temp/rich.jpg

--
Cheers
Richard.

Mike Terry

Thanks for the reply but....the layout?

I've not even proof-read the text yet, but cheers for pointing it out.

Richard

news:421681a5$0$28982$(E-Mail Removed)4all.nl...