Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > Hardware > RMA'd HD and now A One Month Wait???

RMA'd HD and now A One Month Wait???

werty316 werty316 is offline
Member

I have a WD HD for RMA and I thought I have to wait a week for an advance replacement and now I get an email telling me I might have to wait another 2 weeks!?!? WTF this makes me upset about WD. Why the hell did I buy from them. I should have gotten a Seagate or Maxtor damnit. Only one year warrenty but I think Maxtor has 3 years and Seagate has 5 years.

Bio-Hazard Bio-Hazard is offline
Senior Member
Location: Back Woods of MO

I've had pretty good luch with WD lately, both my A64 rigs are running WD SATA HD and I haven't had a problem yet...........Knocks on wood..........

PUTALE PUTALE is offline
Senior Member

really, when I rma my hd to WD, it's really fast, like within a week, i got my replacement. is the hd special or what?

werty316 werty316 is offline
Member

No it just one of those SE Caviar HDs and I got an email today saying there is a delay in the shipment for my replacement HD. I could wait upto 2 weeks now. They should conpensate me by giving me a 160gig or 200gig for such a long wait. First it has a SMART failure and now upto 2 weeks more of waiting. I have waited a week already. This is my first experience with WD and I am not happy.

Bio-Hazard Bio-Hazard is offline
Senior Member
Location: Back Woods of MO

That would really **** me off also, I hate waiting for things.............
As for Seagate, I really like their HD also, very quiet drives. Although I have not used any of their SATA drives yet, maybe one of these days I'll get lucky though.

PUTALE PUTALE is offline
Senior Member

that's intersting. You didn't ask them to ship the hd first then you return the hd? I thought you can do that, that way you will get the hd before you ship your hd (i usually do this way).
I had to deal with WD befor and it's fast, I can't belive it's so slow for you.

unholy unholy is offline
Senior Member
Location: Australia

never RMA Skt A board tooo ASUS, they actually send them to Asia to repair them... i did and i waited 3 nilly 4 months!!!!

werty316 werty316 is offline
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PUTALE
that's intersting. You didn't ask them to ship the hd first then you return the hd? I thought you can do that, that way you will get the hd before you ship your hd (i usually do this way).
I had to deal with WD befor and it's fast, I can't belive it's so slow for you.
Actually that is exactly what I did. I RMA'd for an advance HD so I can get the new one and then send the crapped one out when I have transfered all the files over.

stlava stlava is offline
Senior Member
stlava's Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by unholy
never RMA Skt A board tooo ASUS, they actually send them to Asia to repair them... i did and i waited 3 nilly 4 months!!!!
Ya that sucks about most things in computers.. their made ins Asia and its the only place to repair them.

unholy unholy is offline
Senior Member
Location: Australia

yes but asus had it sitting there for 1 month... DAM LAZY PPL!

RMA for gigabyte motherboard - how and where ??? jeff@msn.com.net Computer Support 1 02-21-2006 08:55 PM
[newbie] this month, the next month, and the one after that Mason Kessinger Ruby 16 01-20-2006 04:17 AM
MonthCalendar1 or DateTimePicker1 How to jump for one month or haw to get no of month? Michal Maciejczak C++ 1 04-23-2005 11:18 AM
What to do with old RMA's? jin Cisco 7 05-18-2004 05:00 AM
how to identify a defective sony 828 lens for RMA John Llort Digital Photography 1 01-06-2004 10:24 PM

Advertisments