Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > Hardware > RMA'd HD and now A One Month Wait???

RMA'd HD and now A One Month Wait???

06-29-2005
I have a WD HD for RMA and I thought I have to wait a week for an advance replacement and now I get an email telling me I might have to wait another 2 weeks!?!? WTF this makes me upset about WD. Why the hell did I buy from them. I should have gotten a Seagate or Maxtor damnit. Only one year warrenty but I think Maxtor has 3 years and Seagate has 5 years.

06-29-2005
I've had pretty good luch with WD lately, both my A64 rigs are running WD SATA HD and I haven't had a problem yet...........Knocks on wood..........

06-29-2005
really, when I rma my hd to WD, it's really fast, like within a week, i got my replacement. is the hd special or what?

06-29-2005
No it just one of those SE Caviar HDs and I got an email today saying there is a delay in the shipment for my replacement HD. I could wait upto 2 weeks now. They should conpensate me by giving me a 160gig or 200gig for such a long wait. First it has a SMART failure and now upto 2 weeks more of waiting. I have waited a week already. This is my first experience with WD and I am not happy.

06-30-2005
That would really **** me off also, I hate waiting for things.............
As for Seagate, I really like their HD also, very quiet drives. Although I have not used any of their SATA drives yet, maybe one of these days I'll get lucky though.

06-30-2005
that's intersting. You didn't ask them to ship the hd first then you return the hd? I thought you can do that, that way you will get the hd before you ship your hd (i usually do this way).
I had to deal with WD befor and it's fast, I can't belive it's so slow for you.

06-30-2005
never RMA Skt A board tooo ASUS, they actually send them to Asia to repair them... i did and i waited 3 nilly 4 months!!!!

06-30-2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by PUTALE
that's intersting. You didn't ask them to ship the hd first then you return the hd? I thought you can do that, that way you will get the hd before you ship your hd (i usually do this way).
I had to deal with WD befor and it's fast, I can't belive it's so slow for you.
Actually that is exactly what I did. I RMA'd for an advance HD so I can get the new one and then send the crapped one out when I have transfered all the files over.

06-30-2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by unholy
never RMA Skt A board tooo ASUS, they actually send them to Asia to repair them... i did and i waited 3 nilly 4 months!!!!
Ya that sucks about most things in computers.. their made ins Asia and its the only place to repair them.

06-30-2005
yes but asus had it sitting there for 1 month... DAM LAZY PPL!