Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > search results in a new window?

search results in a new window?

borgus

can someone give me a brief idea how to get a search form + button to open the
search results in a neww window using a window.open javascript function or
similar method?

thanks

--
You heard me, deal with it.

Steve Pugh

borgus <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>can someone give me a brief idea how to get a search form + button to open the
>search results in a neww window using a window.open javascript function or
>similar method?

<form target="_blank" action="..." method="...">

If you want to use JavaScript then

<form target="foo"
onSubmit="window.open('','foo','width=500,height=3 00')" action="..."
method="...">

But better still don't. Leave the user's windows alone.

Steve

Karl Core

"borgus" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> can someone give me a brief idea how to get a search form + button to open
> the
> search results in a neww window using a window.open javascript function or
> similar method?

What gives you the idea that the user wants a new window?

--
Karl Core
Hell To Pay, Baltimore Hardcore: http://www.eightninethree.com

JDS

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 19:47:30 -0500, Karl Core wrote:

> What gives you the idea that the user wants a new window?

And even if they do, why can't you just look this info up? The answer is
already out there...

--
JDS | http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)