Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Print CSS

Print CSS

Tom

I assume that If i set up a print css file then I can just set those
elements to display none, that I don't want to print and all the rest is
printed. Yet I get a blank screen for the print preview any suggestion would
be appreciated.

www.poetrymadman.com

Karl Core

news:cutf8g$emj$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I assume that If i set up a print css file then I can just set those
>elements to display none, that I don't want to print and all the rest is
>printed. Yet I get a blank screen for the print preview any suggestion
>would be appreciated.

Chances are, you've chosen to 'display: none' on the parent element of
something you wanted to print.

--
Karl Core
Hell To Pay, Baltimore Hardcore: http://www.eightninethree.com

rf

"Tom" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote

> I assume that If i set up a print css file then I can just set those
> elements to display none, that I don't want to print and all the rest is
> printed. Yet I get a blank screen for the print preview any suggestion

would
> be appreciated.
>
> www.poetrymadman.com

Hmmm. Tables within tables.

The one you want to print is nested. The one you hide is the outermost one.
Of course you are going to get a blank page

Barbara de Zoete

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 22:47:05 GMT, rf <rf@.invalid> wrote:

> Hmmm. Tables within tables.
>
> The one you want to print is nested. The one you hide is the outermost
> one.
> Of course you are going to get a blank page

lol

Tom

"Barbara de Zoete" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newspsl9gizoix5vgts@zoete_b...
> On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 22:47:05 GMT, rf <rf@.invalid> wrote:
>
>> Hmmm. Tables within tables.
>>
>> The one you want to print is nested. The one you hide is the outermost
>> one.
>> Of course you are going to get a blank page
>>

> lol

Is this alt.html.sarcasm

I thought the idea was to help not mock. We are not all experts.

I do hope that none of the sarcastic posters here, teach for a living.

Barbara de Zoete

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 10:19:59 -0000, Tom <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> "Barbara de Zoete" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> newspsl9gizoix5vgts@zoete_b...
>
>> On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 22:47:05 GMT, rf <rf@.invalid> wrote:
>>
>>> Hmmm. Tables within tables.
>>>
>>> The one you want to print is nested. The one you hide is the outermost
>>> one.
>>> Of course you are going to get a blank page
>>>

>> lol
>>

> Is this alt.html.sarcasm
>
> I thought the idea was to help not mock. We are not all experts.
>
> I do hope that none of the sarcastic posters here, teach for a living.

Now this is where your thinking needs a rivision. None of us are here to
teach. Neither is this a helpdesk.

While 'mocking', you were given a valuable tip by <rf> Richard. You cannot
hide a table and then expect a part of that table to be printed. That is a
pretty streight forward hint. What is it you do not understand?

rf

"Tom" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote

> "Barbara de Zoete" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> newspsl9gizoix5vgts@zoete_b...
> > On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 22:47:05 GMT, rf <rf@.invalid> wrote:
> >
> >> Hmmm. Tables within tables.
> >>
> >> The one you want to print is nested. The one you hide is the outermost
> >> one.
> >> Of course you are going to get a blank page
> >>

> > lol

> Is this alt.html.sarcasm

No, this is alt.html where you either get your question answered
(serendipitously) or you dont.

If you do then think yourself lucky. If you don't then bad luck.

> I thought the idea was to help not mock. We are not all experts.

The 24x7 help desk is over there -->. Get your credit card out.

> I do hope that none of the sarcastic posters here, teach for a living.

So do I. Those who can do. Those who cannot teach.

What is your bloody problem. You have your answer. You hid a table and then
expected something within that table to be visible. Your markup is wrong.
Accept the answer and move on.

--
Cheers
Richard.

Tom

Civility costs nothing that is all I'm saying.

I was only looking for help and if I can help someone in return I would do
it.

I have read a lot of postings on this newsgroup and it does seem that
whenever someone asks a genuine question that is perceived by experts as
worth some ridicule, the poor poster gets unhelpful comments and mocked.
If you can't be positive then don't reply to someone's post.

My point about teaching was borne from annoyance that I got the reponses I
got where sarcastic and condascending. It was making more a comment on
peoples atittude that it was on teaching

I take on board the comments and will look at removing the tables and using
CSS.

I hope you all have a lovely day

Andy Dingley

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 10:19:59 -0000, "Tom" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Is this alt.html.sarcasm

No, that's c.i.w.ah. If you think this was sarcastic, try posting
anything over there

It annoys me too - it's not as if we're short of _real_ idiots to vent
our frustrations on.

Matt Clara

"rf" <rf@.invalid> wrote in message
newsbGQd.163415$(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Tom" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
>
>> "Barbara de Zoete" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> newspsl9gizoix5vgts@zoete_b...

>> > lol

>> Is this alt.html.sarcasm

> No, this is alt.html where you either get your question answered
> (serendipitously) or you dont.
>
> If you do then think yourself lucky. If you don't then bad luck.
>
>> I thought the idea was to help not mock. We are not all experts.

> The 24x7 help desk is over there -->. Get your credit card out.
>
>> I do hope that none of the sarcastic posters here, teach for a living.

> So do I. Those who can do. Those who cannot teach.

Spoken like an ignorant jackass.

> What is your bloody problem. You have your answer. You hid a table and
> then
> expected something within that table to be visible. Your markup is wrong.
> Accept the answer and move on.

Yeah, but you don't have to condescend while doing it. Pretty cheap high
your trying to give yourself, don't you think?

> --
> Cheers
> Richard.

Cheers