Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Why does this not work?

Reply
Thread Tools

Why does this not work?

 
 
Richard
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-15-2005
This totally confuses me.
When I change the division "plmi" to "green" or "red", it highlights as
desired.
It makes no difference what I call it, it refuses to do the background
color.
Why?



div.green {background:#0f0;}
div.red {background:#F00;}
div.plmi {baackground:#EFF;}


ul {margin-left:5px; }
ul li {margin:5px 0px; 10px 15px; padding-left;15px;}
ul li li {margin:5px 0px; 10px 15px; padding-left;15px;}
ul li li li {margin:5px 0px; 10px 15px; padding-left;15px;}

<div id="MDME">
<ul>
<li>Click here to begin
<ul>
<li><div class="green">Vehicles</div>
<ul>
<li><div class="green">Planes</div>
<ul>
<li><div class="plmi">Military</div></li>
</ul>
</li> <!-- End of Planes top -->
</ul>
</li> <!-- end of vehicles -->
</ul>
</li> <!-- end main menu -- >
</ul>
</div>


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Harlan Messinger
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-15-2005
Richard wrote:
> This totally confuses me.
> When I change the division "plmi" to "green" or "red", it highlights as
> desired.
> It makes no difference what I call it, it refuses to do the background
> color.
> Why?
>
>
>
> div.green {background:#0f0;}
> div.red {background:#F00;}
> div.plmi {baackground:#EFF;}


"Baackground?" You should feel sheepish about your spelling mistake.

--
My wives and I support traditional marriage.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Richard
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-15-2005
On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 00:14:07 -0500 Harlan Messinger wrote:

> Richard wrote:
>> This totally confuses me.
>> When I change the division "plmi" to "green" or "red", it highlights
>> as
>> desired.
>> It makes no difference what I call it, it refuses to do the background
>> color.
>> Why?




>> div.green {background:#0f0;}
>> div.red {background:#F00;}
>> div.plmi {baackground:#EFF;}


> "Baackground?" You should feel sheepish about your spelling mistake.


You are ever so right.
I must have looked at that a 100 times and just could not figure it out.
<bangs head on wall>


 
Reply With Quote
 
rf
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-15-2005
"Richard" <Anonymous@127.001> wrote

["Baackground?"]
>
> You are ever so right.
> I must have looked at that a 100 times and just could not figure it out.


Why didn't you just feed it to the validator. Would have taken you 15
seconds, far far shorter then the hour and a half you wasted getting a reply
here.



 
Reply With Quote
 
JDS
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-15-2005
On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 07:08:28 +0000, rf wrote:

> Why didn't you just feed it to the validator.


Because he is friggin retarded and doesn't learn. (No offense intended to
retarded people everywhere)

--
JDS | http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
| http://www.newtnotes.com
DJMBS | http://newtnotes.com/doctor-jeff-master-brainsurgeon/

 
Reply With Quote
 
Starshine Moonbeam
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-15-2005
In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Richard (Anonymous@127.001)
dropped a +5 bundle of words...

> This totally confuses me.
> When I change the division "plmi" to "green" or "red", it highlights as
> desired.
> It makes no difference what I call it, it refuses to do the background
> color.
> Why?
>
>
>
> div.green {background:#0f0;}
> div.red {background:#F00;}
> div.plmi {baackground:#EFF;}


try background-color



--
Starshine Moonbeam
mhm31x9 Smeeter#29 WSD#30
sTaRShInE_mOOnBeAm aT HoTmAil dOt CoM
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FAQ 5.38 Why does Perl let me delete read-only files? Why does "-i" clobber protected files? Isn't this a bug in Perl? PerlFAQ Server Perl Misc 0 02-11-2011 05:00 AM
Why :: ? Why not : ? Why not . ? <- less clutter ?!? Skybuck Flying C++ 16 08-25-2007 09:48 PM
why why why why why Mr. SweatyFinger ASP .Net 4 12-21-2006 01:15 PM
findcontrol("PlaceHolderPrice") why why why why why why why why why why why Mr. SweatyFinger ASP .Net 2 12-02-2006 03:46 PM
why why why does function not work Horace Nunley ASP .Net 1 09-27-2006 09:52 PM



Advertisments