Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Ok smart guys......Version 2.1 has a problem

Ok smart guys......Version 2.1 has a problem

Richard

www.somestuff.batcave.net/

In playing around with a layout design, an interesting thing happens in
firefox.
While in IE the layout shows nearly correct.

So what's the problem smart boys?

100% true validation!

Richard

On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 21:06:47 -0600 Richard wrote:

> www.somestuff.batcave.net/

> In playing around with a layout design, an interesting thing happens in
> firefox.
> While in IE the layout shows nearly correct.

> So what's the problem smart boys?

> 100% true validation!

A little tweaking got that problem solved.

Nico Schuyt

Richard wrote:

>> www.somestuff.batcave.net/

>> In playing around with a layout design, an interesting thing happens
>> in firefox.
>> While in IE the layout shows nearly correct.
>> So what's the problem smart boys?
>> 100% true validation!

> A little tweaking got that problem solved.

It needs some more tweaking I think:
- Horizontal scrollbar (IE6, Opera7, ...)
- The menu is shown expanded when opening (IE6, ...)

--
Nico
http://www.nicoschuyt.nl

Michael Winter

Nico Schuyt wrote:

[snip]

> - The menu is shown expanded when opening (IE6, ...)

And it should stay that way. Yes it could be hidden initially with
CSS, but how would a person without the necessary scripting support
see the menu without disabling said styling?

At best, a SCRIPT element could be added just below the menu,
fixing-up the menu at the earlier possible moment rather than waiting
until the document has loaded. The downside to that is the integration
of content and behaviour.

Mike

--
Michael Winter

Richard

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 08:35:19 +0100 Nico Schuyt wrote:

> Richard wrote:

>>> www.somestuff.batcave.net/

>>> In playing around with a layout design, an interesting thing happens
>>> in firefox.
>>> While in IE the layout shows nearly correct.
>>> So what's the problem smart boys?
>>> 100% true validation!

>> A little tweaking got that problem solved.

> It needs some more tweaking I think:
> - Horizontal scrollbar (IE6, Opera7, ...)
> - The menu is shown expanded when opening (IE6, ...)

Corrected the horizontal bar. At least you won't see one at 1000px and
above.
www.4thorder.us
Complain to Michael Falatine for the way the menu script behaves on opening.
I believe that's due to the fact that JS won't run until the page has fully
loaded.
Maybe once I get it changed over to php, that will be different.

Nico Schuyt

Michael Winter wrote:
> Nico Schuyt wrote:
> www.somestuff.batcave.net/
> [snip]
>
>> - The menu is shown expanded when opening (IE6, ...)

> And it should stay that way. Yes it could be hidden initially with
> CSS, but how would a person without the necessary scripting support
> see the menu without disabling said styling?

I thought the same technique was applied as in
http://www.gazingus.org/html/menuExpandable.html , but it's a js-menu

--
Nico
http://www.nicoschuyt.nl