Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > best css books

best css books

the idiot

what are the best books for learning css
tia

saz

says...
> what are the best books for learning css
> tia

Anything by Eric Meyer. Search Amazon.com.

Karl Core

"saz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ews.com...
> says...
>> what are the best books for learning css
>> tia
>>

> Anything by Eric Meyer. Search Amazon.com.

I second that.
I have 'Eric Meyer on CSS'.
I think I was a bit too advanced for the book, but for a newbie it is
awesome, because Eric is great at showing real-world examples.

--
Karl Core
Hell To Pay, Baltimore Hardcore: http://www.eightninethree.com

cantrips

On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 17:15:12 -0000, "the idiot"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>what are the best books for learning css
>tia

While I agree with previous posters that Eric Meyer's books are
excellent, they are laid out as a series of projects and are perhaps
more useful to the reader who has some prior experience with CSS.

More structured approaches that I have found useful are:

1. The CSS chapter in the more general "Learning Web Design" by
Jennifer Niederst (O'Reilly)

2. "Designing CSS Web Pages" by Christopher Schmitt (New Riders)

the idiot

"Karl Core" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cup11q$rfv$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "saz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ews.com...
> > In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed)
> > says...
> >> what are the best books for learning css
> >> tia
> >>

> > Anything by Eric Meyer. Search Amazon.com.

> I second that.
> I have 'Eric Meyer on CSS'.
> I think I was a bit too advanced for the book, but for a newbie it is
> awesome, because Eric is great at showing real-world examples.

thankyou very much i shall search him out.

Christopher J. Henrich

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, cantrips
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 17:15:12 -0000, "the idiot"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >what are the best books for learning css
> >tia
> >

> While I agree with previous posters that Eric Meyer's books are
> excellent, they are laid out as a series of projects and are perhaps
> more useful to the reader who has some prior experience with CSS.
>
> More structured approaches that I have found useful are:
>
> 1. The CSS chapter in the more general "Learning Web Design" by
> Jennifer Niederst (O'Reilly)
>
> 2. "Designing CSS Web Pages" by Christopher Schmitt (New Riders)

For getting started, I found Elizabeth Castro's book _HTML_ _for_ _the_
_World_ _wide_ _Web_ helpful. And Meyer's _Cascading_ _Style_ _Sheets_
: _The_ _Definitive_ _Guide_ is a useful reference.

--
Chris Henrich
http://www.mathinteract.com

Design Patterns Books and Best Practices Books. Luis Esteban Valencia ASP .Net 4 07-01-2005 07:29 AM
Books, Books, Books... C++ 3 09-19-2004 10:11 PM
exchange MCSD books for security books MCSD Frank MCSE 0 01-12-2004 12:17 AM
Finished Courses, Selecting Books for Exam Preparation (List of Books) Mac MCSD 2 12-17-2003 01:48 PM

Advertisments