Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > choose a folder when using a form

choose a folder when using a form

Hubert Holler

I use a form where I can choose a file to upload like:

<FORM name="main" target="_blank" method="POST"
enctype="multipart/form-data" action="map">
<TR><TD>File&nbsp;#1</TD><TD><INPUT type=file name="uploaded_file_1"
size=14></TD></TR>
<INPUT type=submit name="submit" value="Draw the map" style="font-size:
12px">
</FORM>

Is it possible when I click the "file search" Button to open a specific
folder. Additional is it also possible to choose only specific files like
*.jpg.

Hope somebody can help me there.
Thanks a lot
Hubert

Jukka K. Korpela

"Hubert Holler" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Is it possible when I click the "file search" Button to open a specific
> folder.

No.

> Additional is it also possible to choose only specific files like *.jpg.

No.

For brevity, I've omitted notes about what might be theoretically possible
but isn't implemented; for such matters see
http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/forms/file.html

--
Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/

Toby Inkster

Hubert Holler wrote:

> Is it possible when I click the "file search" Button to open a specific
> folder.

What folder would you like to open? How do you know it exists?

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS