Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Google groups (Beta version) is slower / difficult to navigate.

Google groups (Beta version) is slower / difficult to navigate.

usenet69@hotmail.com

I cannot be the only one who noticed this? It loads slower ...And it
is harder to navigate. I wish they didn't change it.

It especially bugs me when I want to go from something like
alt.fan.nietzsche to another newsgroup.

-------------------
need to pass a urine test?
www.urine-pimp.com

Mike Z. Helm

On 8 Feb 2005 13:29:14 -0800, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

>I cannot be the only one who noticed this? It loads slower ...And it
>is harder to navigate. I wish they didn't change it.
>
>It especially bugs me when I want to go from something like
>alt.fan.nietzsche to another newsgroup.

It's not that difficult, but if you want, you can go to
http://groups.google.co.uk

HTH

>-------------------
>need to pass a urine test?
>www.urine-pimp.com

Jan Faerber

Mike Z. Helm loudly proclaimed:
> On 8 Feb 2005 13:29:14 -0800, (E-Mail Removed)

>>I cannot be the only one who noticed this? It loads slower ...And it
>>is harder to navigate. I wish they didn't change it.

It's fine for me.

But there is no http://groups-beta.google.co.uk yet.

>>-------------------

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ two simple minus should do it.

>>need to pass a urine test?
>>www.urine-pimp.com

To alt.tasteless.penis - *ggg*

--
Jan Faerber

http://html.janfaerber.com

usenet69@hotmail.com

so what? It is relevant

-------------------------------
www.urine-pimp.com
"pass your urine test"

Jan Faerber

(E-Mail Removed) ... output:

> so what? It is relevant

The beta version is much better! I don't have any problems.

--
Jan

http://html.janfaerber.com

Jan Faerber

Jan Faerber ... output:

> (E-Mail Removed) ... output:
>
>> so what? It is relevant

> The beta version is much better! I don't have any problems.

Now I found a thing to criticise: It is only displaying proper text in
english. German characters are not supported.

--
Jan

http://html.janfaerber.com

Throw

Jan Faerber wrote:

> (E-Mail Removed) ... output:

> > so what? It is relevant

> The beta version is much better! I don't have any problems.

The new Google Groups beta version:

1. You can't search only Usenet... you have to search all "groups"
which include a whole bunch of mailing lists. 2. When you reply,
headers are not left intact. 3. The reply box is tiny.
4. You can't log in using Opera 7.54. The way to log in using Opera
is to click on the e-mail activation link that was sent to you
initially. Then you're automatically logged in again. 5. No threading.

Leuce

Jan Faerber

Throw ... output:

> Jan Faerber wrote:
>
>> (E-Mail Removed) ... output:

>> > so what? It is relevant

>> The beta version is much better! I don't have any problems.

> The new Google Groups beta version:
>
> 1. You can't search only Usenet... you have to search all "groups"
> which include a whole bunch of mailing lists. 2. When you reply,
> headers are not left intact. 3. The reply box is tiny.
> 4. You can't log in using Opera 7.54. The way to log in using Opera
> is to click on the e-mail activation link that was sent to you
> initially. Then you're automatically logged in again. 5. No threading.
>

> Leuce

???

ad 1.) You can specify which group(s) you want to search - it's still the
same.

ad 2.) You are right - if you want to get used to PHP aswell, any
information in any form can be useful.

ad 3.) It's ok.

ad 4.) I have the same problem on www.linux-club.de - I don't know what is
wrong with Opera.

ad 5.) I made the experience that you can find more articles of a thread
using the beta than with groups.google.com!!!

--
Jan

http://html.janfaerber.com

Jan Faerber

Throw wrote:
> Jan Faerber wrote:
>
> > (E-Mail Removed) ... output:

> > > so what? It is relevant

> > The beta version is much better! I don't have any problems.

> The new Google Groups beta version:
>
> 1. You can't search only Usenet... you have to search all "groups"
> which include a whole bunch of mailing lists. 2. When you reply,
> headers are not left intact. 3. The reply box is tiny.
> 4. You can't log in using Opera 7.54. The way to log in using Opera

> is to click on the e-mail activation link that was sent to you
> initially. Then you're automatically logged in again. 5. No

threading.

> Leuce

Again to point 2.) and 3.):
http://www.h-tut.at/alt_html/bb.lsd

=> Click on "Options" and then on "reply" but you have to select the
radio button option "To..." - e.g. "alt.html"

--
Jan

www.h-tut.at