Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Am I doing testing right?

Am I doing testing right?

LOU

What I am doing is writing the webpage with my screen resolution which is
800x600.

Then I change the screen resolution to 640x480 and then to 1024x768.

This is tested in browsers I.E. Opera Firefox and Netscape.

My question is: Is this a good way to test?

I am only interested in writing a page that validates and shows in those
resolutions/sizes so one does not ever have to scroll (horizontly).

Thanks

Mark Parnell

Previously in alt.html, LOU <(E-Mail Removed)> said:

> What I am doing is writing the webpage with my screen resolution which is
> 800x600.
>
> Then I change the screen resolution to 640x480 and then to 1024x768.

<snip>
> My question is: Is this a good way to test?

Not really. What's the point? You are only testing 3 of the myriad of
possible browser widths that your visitors could have.

A better way to do it would be to increase your screen resolution as
high as it will go, then resize the browser window to various random
widths.

--
Mark Parnell
http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au

Leif K-Brooks

LOU wrote:
> This is tested in browsers I.E. Opera Firefox and Netscape.

You'll also want to test in a KHTML browser (KHTML or Safari) and
possibly Mac IE and iCab. Oh, and Lynx.