Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > xhtml problems

xhtml problems

Mike P

Hello
Im getting the following error when i try to validate.
The attribute: onmouseover does not conform to upper/lower case
requirements.[XHTML 1.0 transitional]

What causes this?What are the requirments for this?
Thanks
Mike

Mark Parnell

Previously in alt.html, Mike P <(E-Mail Removed)> said:

> Hello

G'day.

> Im getting the following error when i try to validate.

On what URL?

> The attribute: onmouseover does not conform to upper/lower case
> requirements.[XHTML 1.0 transitional]

XHTML requires all tags and attributes be lowercase. Without seeing a
URL, I have to assume you have not entered that attribute as all
lowercase.

BTW: Why XHTML? What's wrong with HTML?

--
Mark Parnell
http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au

Mike P

Trying to conform.....
"Mark Parnell" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:1qe3t2b6u4fr5.1lfymdp49idlp$.mark@markparnell .com.au...
> Previously in alt.html, Mike P <(E-Mail Removed)> said:
>
> > Hello

> G'day.
>
> > Im getting the following error when i try to validate.

> On what URL?
>
> > The attribute: onmouseover does not conform to upper/lower case
> > requirements.[XHTML 1.0 transitional]

> XHTML requires all tags and attributes be lowercase. Without seeing a
> URL, I have to assume you have not entered that attribute as all
> lowercase.
>
> BTW: Why XHTML? What's wrong with HTML?
>
> --
> Mark Parnell
> http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au

saz

In article <5CeLd.39$W16.34@trndny07>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) says...
> Trying to conform.....
> "Mark Parnell" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:1qe3t2b6u4fr5.1lfymdp49idlp$.mark@markparnell .com.au...
> > Previously in alt.html, Mike P <(E-Mail Removed)> said:
> >
> > > Hello

> > G'day.
> >
> > > Im getting the following error when i try to validate.

> > On what URL?
> >
> > > The attribute: onmouseover does not conform to upper/lower case
> > > requirements.[XHTML 1.0 transitional]

> > XHTML requires all tags and attributes be lowercase. Without seeing a
> > URL, I have to assume you have not entered that attribute as all
> > lowercase.
> >
> > BTW: Why XHTML? What's wrong with HTML?
> >
> > --
> > Mark Parnell
> > http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au

Conform by staying with html. Every browser renders it, and IE doesn't
get goofy on you.