Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Very weird IE bug - related to float?

Reply
Thread Tools

Very weird IE bug - related to float?

 
 
Karl Core
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-28-2005
Take a look at the following page in IE vs. a good browser (Firefox, Opera,
etc.)
http://eightninethree.com/merchandise.php

What's up with the wingdings and the fact that the image and description
aren't next to each other in IE?


--
-Karl Core
Please Support "Project Boneyard":
http://www.insurgence.net/info.aspx?...&item=boneyard


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Starshine Moonbeam
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-28-2005
In article <ctdup2$3v0$(E-Mail Removed)>, Karl Core
((E-Mail Removed)) dropped a +5 bundle of words...

> Take a look at the following page in IE vs. a good browser (Firefox, Opera,
> etc.)
> http://eightninethree.com/merchandise.php
>
> What's up with the wingdings and the fact that the image and description
> aren't next to each other in IE?


The pics aren't loading for me. The first two do, the panties and the 2
club emo pics aren't. Clicking full size didn't help either.

Could be just me, dunno.

--
Starshine Moonbeam
mhm31x9 Smeeter#29 WSD#30
sTaRShInE_mOOnBeAm aT HoTmAil dOt CoM
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Si
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-28-2005
Starshine Moonbeam wrote:

> The pics aren't loading for me. The first two do, the panties and the 2
> club emo pics aren't. Clicking full size didn't help either.
>
> Could be just me, dunno.


I agree, only the first image loads for me in IE, in FF I get them all.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Starshine Moonbeam
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-28-2005
In article <CIxKd.10614$(E-Mail Removed)>, Si
((E-Mail Removed)) dropped a +5 bundle of words...

> Starshine Moonbeam wrote:
>
> > The pics aren't loading for me. The first two do, the panties and the 2
> > club emo pics aren't. Clicking full size didn't help either.
> >
> > Could be just me, dunno.

>
> I agree, only the first image loads for me in IE, in FF I get them all.


Same here. Everything's cool in FF.



--
Starshine Moonbeam
mhm31x9 Smeeter#29 WSD#30
sTaRShInE_mOOnBeAm aT HoTmAil dOt CoM
 
Reply With Quote
 
Si
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-28-2005
Starshine Moonbeam wrote:

>>I agree, only the first image loads for me in IE, in FF I get them all.

>
>
> Same here. Everything's cool in FF.


Strange.

Thought I'd look further into it, bit of a Friday night challenge for
me, seeing as how I wasn't allowed down the pub tonight d'oh

These images that aren't loading are baffling!
This one for example
http://eightninethree.com/images/merchpics/2_thm.jpg
Loads straight in with FF but IE hangs forever trying to get the image
without ever coming back with a 404 error.

Do you have a browser sniffer or suchlike running? perhaps it's
malfunctioning!

I tried ctrl+refresh/f5 as well just to make sure it wasn't a proxy
issue, again, fine in FF etc nut IE hangs!

Weird
 
Reply With Quote
 
Toby Inkster
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-29-2005
Karl Core wrote:

> http://eightninethree.com/merchandise.php


I think "View Full Size" is perhaps not great link text. Perhaps "Larger
picture"?

Why? Because if this is a "full sized" picture:

http://eightninethree.com/images/merchpics/4.jpg

Then you're not likely to find many people who will fit into them.

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
Contact Me ~ http://tobyinkster.co.uk/contact

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Quick Book file access very very very slow Thomas Reed Computer Support 7 04-09-2004 08:09 PM
Agh... Very, VERY weird AS5200 / PIX issue Jeff Cisco 1 01-27-2004 10:29 PM
Re: very very strange C++ NaN or memory management related problem brewman C++ 0 08-28-2003 10:35 PM
very Very VERY dumb Question About The new Set( ) 's Raymond Arthur St. Marie II of III Python 4 07-27-2003 12:09 AM
weird applet bug (IE related?) Blah Blah Java 5 07-08-2003 10:47 PM



Advertisments