Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > table-position for mozilla

table-position for mozilla

Matthias Langbein

Hi all,
i want to position a table at the frame's right side. therefore i
defined "text-align:right" in the CSS. This works fine with IE, but
Mozillaplaces the table on the left side of the frame.
When I replace the table by text, the text is displayed correctly at
the right side, so the css-tags are correct (no typing errors).

how can i place the table at the right side of the frame?

thanks for your help, regards
Langi

Jukka K. Korpela

Matthias Langbein <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> i want to position a table at the frame's right side. therefore i
> defined "text-align:right" in the CSS.

Did you check what text-align means, by the specifications?

> This works fine with IE, but Mozilla - -

Almost invariably in such cases, IE is doing the wrong thing and someone is
complaining about Mozilla behaving correctly.

> how can i place the table at the right side of the frame?

A table is by default positioned on the left, unless the writing direction
is "rtl" (right to left). You haven't told us what you did to prevent that.

But drop frames, to begin with.

--
Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/

Thomas Scheffler

Matthias Langbein schrieb:
> Hi all,
> i want to position a table at the frame's right side. therefore i
> defined "text-align:right" in the CSS. This works fine with IE, but
> Mozillaplaces the table on the left side of the frame.
> When I replace the table by text, the text is displayed correctly at
> the right side, so the css-tags are correct (no typing errors).
>
> how can i place the table at the right side of the frame?

I don't say anything to frames )

But to text-align. It is used for aligning:
1st) text (this is obvious, I think)
2nd) any inline element

You may guess it already a table is not an inline element, since it is
not floating in a text line like an image for example.

You can of cause specify the the table is an inline element
(display:inline) but that is surely not what you want.

What you want is to leave it as so called a block element. A block
element is a element that is most of the time, when it not floating
somewhere, on it's own line.

To give you a hint: You can play with the "margin" of the table,
preferably the left and/or right one. Did you ever heard of the "auto"
measure? Just play with it and look for some css docu.

Cheers Thomas

Mark Parnell

Previously in alt.html, Matthias Langbein <(E-Mail Removed)> said:

> i want to position a table at the frame's

http://www.htmlhelp.com/design/frames/whatswrong.html
http://dorward.me.uk/www/frames/
http://www.google.com/webmasters/2.html (see under "Your page uses
frames")
http://www.markparnell.com.au/articles/frames.php

> right side. therefore i
> defined "text-align:right" in the CSS. This works fine with IE,

Use a doctype that triggers "standards" mode and both browsers will
behave correctly.
http://gutfeldt.ch/matthias/articles/doctypeswitch.html
http://gutfeldt.ch/matthias/articles...tch/table.html

--