Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > newbie queation

newbie queation

Bob

I put up my first web site. I have a membership application form on it. Is
there a html or something that I can insert so something can be clicked and
print out the form, so it can be filled out and mailed to me?
Any help will be MOST appreciated.
thank you all

Mark Parnell

Previously in alt.html, Bob <(E-Mail Removed)> said:

> Is
> there a html or something that I can insert so something can be clicked and
> print out the form, so it can be filled out and mailed to me?

What for? Your visitor's browser already has a perfectly good print
function.

The answer to your question is yes (though it can't be done in HTML -
HTML simply describes the structure of the content, it can't *do*
anything). You can do it using Javascript (which will of course only
work for users with scripting both available and enabled).

--
Mark Parnell
http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au

Duende

While sitting in a puddle Bob scribbled in the mud:

> I put up my first web site. I have a membership application form on it.
> Is there a html or something that I can insert so something can be
> clicked and print out the form, so it can be filled out and mailed to
> me? Any help will be MOST appreciated.
> thank you all

Do you mean a form they fill out and the results gets emailed to you? If
that's what you want, no problem.

--
D?
http://wipkip.biz

Travis Newbury

Bob wrote:
> I put up my first web site. I have a membership application form on

it. Is
> there a html or something that I can insert so something can be

clicked and
> print out the form, so it can be filled out and mailed to me?
> Any help will be MOST appreciated.
> thank you all

Bob, google "javascript and print" You will receive a ton of samples
code to create a print button.

Alternatally you can just have the form sent directly to your email
using form mail. If you google "form mail free" you will also receive
a ton of links and samples.

--
-=tn=-

Bob

I need people to print out the form on their computer, which is on our site
so it can be snail mailed to me with their dues money. Sorry if I asked it
wrong.

"Duende" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
While sitting in a puddle Bob scribbled in the mud:

> I put up my first web site. I have a membership application form on it.
> Is there a html or something that I can insert so something can be
> clicked and print out the form, so it can be filled out and mailed to
> me? Any help will be MOST appreciated.
> thank you all

Do you mean a form they fill out and the results gets emailed to you? If
that's what you want, no problem.

--
D?
http://wipkip.biz
I recommend
http://hostingforabuck.com/

Duende

While sitting in a puddle Bob scribbled in the mud:

> "Duende" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> While sitting in a puddle Bob scribbled in the mud:
>
>>> I put up my first web site. I have a membership application form on it.
>>> Is there a html or something that I can insert so something can be
>>> clicked and print out the form, so it can be filled out and mailed to
>>> me? Any help will be MOST appreciated.
>>> thank you all
>>>

> Do you mean a form they fill out and the results gets emailed to you? If
> that's what you want, no problem.
>

> I need people to print out the form on their computer, which is on our
> site so it can be snail mailed to me with their dues money. Sorry if I
> asked it wrong.

Nothing to be sorry about.
Where is your site? I might help if we can look at it.

--
D?
http://wipkip.biz

Bob

This is my site, and I know it isn't real great but it is my first time
doing one. Thank you for your time.

http://rphsr1.home.comcast.net/

While sitting in a puddle Bob scribbled in the mud:

> "Duende" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> While sitting in a puddle Bob scribbled in the mud:
>
>>> I put up my first web site. I have a membership application form on it.
>>> Is there a html or something that I can insert so something can be
>>> clicked and print out the form, so it can be filled out and mailed to
>>> me? Any help will be MOST appreciated.
>>> thank you all
>>>

> Do you mean a form they fill out and the results gets emailed to you? If
> that's what you want, no problem.
>

> I need people to print out the form on their computer, which is on our
> site so it can be snail mailed to me with their dues money. Sorry if I
> asked it wrong.

Nothing to be sorry about.
Where is your site? I might help if we can look at it.

--
D?
http://wipkip.biz
I recommend
http://hostingforabuck.com/

Bob

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

This is my site, http://www.geocities.com/rphsrlu47/ and I know it isn't
real great but it is my first time
doing one. Thank you for your time.
The form is at the bottem of the page. It is a membership application.

"Duende" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
While sitting in a puddle Bob scribbled in the mud:

> "Duende" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> While sitting in a puddle Bob scribbled in the mud:
>
>>> I put up my first web site. I have a membership application form on it.
>>> Is there a html or something that I can insert so something can be
>>> clicked and print out the form, so it can be filled out and mailed to
>>> me? Any help will be MOST appreciated.
>>> thank you all
>>>

> Do you mean a form they fill out and the results gets emailed to you? If
> that's what you want, no problem.
>

> I need people to print out the form on their computer, which is on our
> site so it can be snail mailed to me with their dues money. Sorry if I
> asked it wrong.

Nothing to be sorry about.
Where is your site? I might help if we can look at it.

--
D?
http://wipkip.biz
I recommend
http://hostingforabuck.com/

Bob

This is the site we are trying to do it in........
http://www.geocities.com/rphsrlu47/
it is the form at the bottom of the page.........

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

This is my site, and I know it isn't real great but it is my first time
doing one. Thank you for your time.

http://rphsr1.home.comcast.net/

"Duende" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
While sitting in a puddle Bob scribbled in the mud:

> "Duende" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> While sitting in a puddle Bob scribbled in the mud:
>
>>> I put up my first web site. I have a membership application form on it.
>>> Is there a html or something that I can insert so something can be
>>> clicked and print out the form, so it can be filled out and mailed to
>>> me? Any help will be MOST appreciated.
>>> thank you all
>>>

> Do you mean a form they fill out and the results gets emailed to you? If
> that's what you want, no problem.
>

> I need people to print out the form on their computer, which is on our
> site so it can be snail mailed to me with their dues money. Sorry if I
> asked it wrong.

Nothing to be sorry about.
Where is your site? I might help if we can look at it.

--
D?
http://wipkip.biz
I recommend
http://hostingforabuck.com/

Duende

While sitting in a puddle Bob scribbled in the mud:

> This is my site, and I know it isn't real great but it is my first time
> doing one. Thank you for your time.
>
> http://rphsr1.home.comcast.net/

Where is the part you want printed?

--