Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Web Design work 1 day side project

Web Design work 1 day side project

WJ

I'm looking for a web designer for about 8 hours of work.

I have a web app that is built out. It needs one header graphic
and a css style sheet.

I know how to code CSS, what I'm looking for is somebody
with a "creative eye."

If you're interested, go to www.silverlion.com, click on the
contact us, and send me your contact info, rate per hour,
and some links to demonstrate other work you've done.

Thanks!

saz

In article <K0ZJd.10263$rw.5242@fed1read04>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) says...
> I'm looking for a web designer for about 8 hours of work.
>
> I have a web app that is built out. It needs one header graphic
> and a css style sheet.
>
> I know how to code CSS, what I'm looking for is somebody
> with a "creative eye."
>
> If you're interested, go to www.silverlion.com, click on the
> contact us, and send me your contact info, rate per hour,
> and some links to demonstrate other work you've done.
>
> Thanks!

I love it when a prospective client tells me how long it will take to
complete the project. My rule of thumb is to double their estimate.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

WJ wrote:

> If you're interested, go to www.silverlion.com, click on the
> contact us, and send me your contact info, rate per hour, and some
> links to demonstrate other work you've done.

I tried, but the button doesn't work...

<sigh> Eight hours wages lost...

--
-bts
-This space intentionally left blank.

Mark Parnell

Previously in alt.html, "Beauregard T. Shagnasty"
<(E-Mail Removed)> said:

> <sigh> Eight hours wages lost...

If you manage to contact the OP, you might get some more working fixing
the form as well.

--
Mark Parnell
http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au

Hywel Jenkins

In article <(E-Mail Removed). com>,
(E-Mail Removed) says...
> In article <K0ZJd.10263$rw.5242@fed1read04>, (E-Mail Removed) says...
> > I'm looking for a web designer for about 8 hours of work.
> >
> > I have a web app that is built out. It needs one header graphic
> > and a css style sheet.
> >
> > I know how to code CSS, what I'm looking for is somebody
> > with a "creative eye."
> >
> > If you're interested, go to www.silverlion.com, click on the
> > contact us, and send me your contact info, rate per hour,
> > and some links to demonstrate other work you've done.
> >
> > Thanks!
> >

> I love it when a prospective client tells me how long it will take to
> complete the project. My rule of thumb is to double their estimate.

They're consultants, so they know best.

--
Hywel http://kibo.org.uk/
I do not eat quiche.

Travis Newbury

WJ wrote:
> I'm looking for a web designer for about 8 hours of work...

What do you guys do? From your about us page:

"Silverlion is a group of affliated professionals with extensive
experience working with major regional and national consulting firms.
With years of experience in working with partners of organizations such
as Microsoft and IBM, our staff provides the same level of skill and
expertise you would expect from a major consulting firm for about one
half the price.

Silverlion is able to do this because we have little of the overhead
associated with traditional consulting services. The dollars you spend
with Silverlion go primarily to the staff working with your
organization, with a small amount going toward overhead, such as
accounting, office, and staff upkeep."

What the heck do you consult about? Do you just walk into a company and
say "Well, we're here, ready to consult... Where's my consulting
chair? Hey wheres the consulting coffee?"
I can understand the "half price" part now...

--
-=tn=-

Karl Core

"Travis Newbury" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...

> What the heck do you consult about? Do you just walk into a company and
> say "Well, we're here, ready to consult... Where's my consulting
> chair? Hey wheres the consulting coffee?"

"By the way, anyone know where I can get some subcontractors for some web
work"?

--
-Karl Core
Please Support "Project Boneyard":

kchayka

Mark Parnell wrote:
> Previously in alt.html, "Beauregard T. Shagnasty"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> said:
>
>> <sigh> Eight hours wages lost...

> If you manage to contact the OP, you might get some more working fixing
> the form as well.

Don't miss fixing the navigation menu to work without JS, too.

WJ

> I tried, but the button doesn't work...

I've received three messages so far. The button
works in IE 6 and Firefox.

I do need to fix the rendering in Firefox though.

Maybe a facelift for the site could be next. The sarcastic
need not apply.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

WJ wrote:
>> I tried, but the button doesn't work...

> I've received three messages so far. The button works in IE 6 and
> Firefox.

You missed the .. ah .. humor there. Your button does not work if
JavaScript is disabled or unavailable, such as it might be behind a
company's corporate firewall that strips all scripts for security reasons.

I seem to recall that the Googlebot can't do JavaScript either. I just
tried googling for numerous phrases from about your site, and it
appears that only your main page is indexed.

> I do need to fix the rendering in Firefox though.

You should consider changing the site so something as important as
navigation is not dependent on what options available to the browser.

Have a look at this:
<http://www.delorie.com/web/lynxview.cgi?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.silverlion.com%2 F>

> Maybe a facelift for the site could be next. The sarcastic need
> not apply.

<g> As someone else mentioned, you could add some content that
describes what you really do... besides "consult".

I like the actual layout and design. Nice, clean, and a good lookin'
lion. But .. Content is the King of Beasts.