Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Using iFrames on your front page

Using iFrames on your front page

xboxsnippets.com

I have just tweaked my website, which is basically a blogger about xbox
live, and made the blog an iframe on the sites front index.htm page.

When the blog was the main page, it worked well in search engines as the
index.hml page was full of relevant site text.

However, with the new design, which is basically the front page with the
blog in an iframe, it seems to be causing problems with indexing on
search engines.

Naturally the blog page is the best result not the front page.

Im not quite sure how to explain what i mean, but is there a way to make
the front page be the search result and not the blog page ??

Sorry of this makes no sense

Simon
xboxsnippets.com

Richard

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 21:58:59 GMT xboxsnippets.com wrote:

> I have just tweaked my website, which is basically a blogger about xbox
> live, and made the blog an iframe on the sites front index.htm page.

> When the blog was the main page, it worked well in search engines as
> the
> index.hml page was full of relevant site text.

> However, with the new design, which is basically the front page with
> the
> blog in an iframe, it seems to be causing problems with indexing on
> search engines.

> Naturally the blog page is the best result not the front page.

> Im not quite sure how to explain what i mean, but is there a way to
> make
> the front page be the search result and not the blog page ??

> Sorry of this makes no sense

> Simon
> xboxsnippets.com

Most likely through the manipulation of the robots.txt file.
Ask your host what they recommend for this.

Toby Inkster

xboxsnippets.com wrote:

> Naturally the blog page is the best result not the front page.
>
> Im not quite sure how to explain what i mean, but is there a way to make
> the front page be the search result and not the blog page ??

One of the many problems with frames. Ditch them.

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

xboxsnippets.com

Toby Inkster wrote:
> xboxsnippets.com wrote:
>

>>Naturally the blog page is the best result not the front page.
>>
>>Im not quite sure how to explain what i mean, but is there a way to make
>>the front page be the search result and not the blog page ??

> One of the many problems with frames. Ditch them.

Yeah, Im beginging to think this

Simon

gonebye

What I've done in similar situations is to create a hidden link to the blog
page, link on a dot or comma, just for the crawler/robots, and making sure
that it's meta information is loaded correctly.

newsceJd.18095$(E-Mail Removed) k...