Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > gallery

gallery

...D.

Anyone know of any decent & freeware gallery templates or software? I'd
like to display thumbnails of course, and clicking on a thumbnail gets the
full sized picture. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Thanks in advance.

...D.

Sid Ismail

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 02:22:45 -0800, ...D. <d@no_usenet_email..org> wrote:

: Anyone know of any decent & freeware gallery templates or software? I'd
: like to display thumbnails of course, and clicking on a thumbnail gets the
: full sized picture. Nothing out of the ordinary.

There is a great freeware pgm listed at bottom of my Downloads page:
www.elsid.co.za

Luck,

Sid

JDS

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 02:22:45 -0800, wrote:

> Anyone know of any decent & freeware gallery templates or software? I'd
> like to display thumbnails of course, and clicking on a thumbnail gets the
> full sized picture. Nothing out of the ordinary.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> ...D.

Jalbum
http://jalbum.org (com? net? not sure)

or

Gallery
http://gallery.menalto.com

--
JDS | http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
| http://www.newtnotes.com

Richard

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 10:18:16 -0500 JDS wrote:

> On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 02:22:45 -0800, wrote:

>> Anyone know of any decent & freeware gallery templates or software?
>> I'd
>> like to display thumbnails of course, and clicking on a thumbnail gets
>> the
>> full sized picture. Nothing out of the ordinary.

>> Thanks in advance.

>> ...D.

> Jalbum
> http://jalbum.org (com? net? not sure)

Uses standard links within frames.
Which means a lot of file uploading for a large gallery.

> or

> Gallery
> http://gallery.menalto.com

The remote version will probably work better for a large gallery.

> --
> JDS | (E-Mail Removed)
> | http://www.newtnotes.com

Hywel Jenkins

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Anonymous@127.001 says...
> On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 10:18:16 -0500 JDS wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 02:22:45 -0800, wrote:

> >> Anyone know of any decent & freeware gallery templates or software?
> >> I'd
> >> like to display thumbnails of course, and clicking on a thumbnail gets
> >> the
> >> full sized picture. Nothing out of the ordinary.

> >> Thanks in advance.

> >> ...D.

> > Jalbum
> > http://jalbum.org (com? net? not sure)

> Uses standard links within frames.
> Which means a lot of file uploading for a large gallery.

What? Any gallery software requires "a lot of file uploading for a
large gallery", RtS. How else do the images get online?

--
Hywel http://kibo.org.uk/
I do not eat quiche.

Toby Inkster

Hywel Jenkins wrote:

> How else do the images get online?

Osmosis?

You could have a server-side script generate its own images based on
random numbers.

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

Duende

While sitting in a puddle Hywel Jenkins scribbled in the mud:

> What? Any gallery software requires "a lot of file uploading for a
> large gallery", RtS. How else do the images get online?

Hotlinking

--
D?
http://wipkip.biz just to raise my PR

Hywel Jenkins

In article <(E-Mail Removed)> ,
(E-Mail Removed) says...
> Hywel Jenkins wrote:
>
> > How else do the images get online?

> Osmosis?
>
> You could have a server-side script generate its own images based on
> random numbers.

Nice. Would that count as art?

--
Hywel http://kibo.org.uk/
I do not eat quiche.

mbstevens

Hywel Jenkins wrote:

>> You could have a server-side script generate its own images based on
>> random numbers.

> Nice. Would that count as art?

Ever since Duchamp displayed a urinal in a show (about 1917)
and other 'ready-mades', anything that's being *used* as art *becomes* art.

Not always good art, of course.

nice.guy.nige

While the city slept, Hywel Jenkins ((E-Mail Removed)) feverishly
typed...

> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Anonymous@127.001 says...
>> Uses standard links within frames.
>> Which means a lot of file uploading for a large gallery.

> What? Any gallery software requires "a lot of file uploading for a
> large gallery", RtS. How else do the images get online?

Theft???

Cheers,
Nige

--
Nigel Moss
http://www.nigenet.org.uk

Setup Gallery Frankie The Lounge 3 02-28-2006 08:42 AM
Check out the new Case Gallery Topic! bigal The Lounge 8 10-12-2005 06:47 AM
Case Gallery rules and Guidelines Silverstrand Case Modding 0 06-20-2005 11:38 PM
Need Help with Thumbnail Gallery in Panel David Elliott ASP .Net 1 10-18-2003 05:54 AM

Advertisments