Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > IE on MAC

IE on MAC

Tom

Is it worthwhile to get browser compatibility on ie for mac

I am mucking about with a site that looks good (to my mind) on mozilla
firefox netscape, safari IE 6 etc,. but like a dogs breakfast on IE for mac

I would love to here views

Roy Schestowitz

Tom wrote:

> Is it worthwhile to get browser compatibility on ie for mac
>
> I am mucking about with a site that looks good (to my mind) on mozilla
> firefox netscape, safari IE 6 etc,. but like a dogs breakfast on IE for
> mac
>
> I would love to here views

I can have a look from IE5 on Mac OS9 if you like. In any case, I will be
doing this for somebody else this morning ... what's the URI?

Roy

--
Roy Schestowitz
http://schestowitz.com

Christopher Richards

"Roy Schestowitz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cshq2a$214r$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Tom wrote:
>
>> Is it worthwhile to get browser compatibility on ie for mac
>>
>> I am mucking about with a site that looks good (to my mind) on mozilla
>> firefox netscape, safari IE 6 etc,. but like a dogs breakfast on IE for
>> mac
>>
>> I would love to here views

> I can have a look from IE5 on Mac OS9 if you like. In any case, I will be
> doing this for somebody else this morning ... what's the URI?
>
> Roy
>
> --
> Roy Schestowitz
> http://schestowitz.com

And it will be much appreciated.
Christopher

Roy Schestowitz

Christopher Richards wrote:

> "Roy Schestowitz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:cshq2a$214r$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Tom wrote:
>>
>>> Is it worthwhile to get browser compatibility on ie for mac
>>>
>>> I am mucking about with a site that looks good (to my mind) on mozilla
>>> firefox netscape, safari IE 6 etc,. but like a dogs breakfast on IE for
>>> mac
>>>
>>> I would love to here views

>> I can have a look from IE5 on Mac OS9 if you like. In any case, I will be
>> doing this for somebody else this morning ... what's the URI?
>>
>> Roy
>>
>> --
>> Roy Schestowitz
>> http://schestowitz.com

> And it will be much appreciated.
> Christopher

And I now know how to capture screenshots under OS 9...

http://www.cs.cornell.edu/Courses/cs...reenshots.html

[Snip]

* Save a picture of the ENTIRE screen to a file
1. Press Command+Shift+3

* Save a picture of a rectangular region of the screen to a file
1. Press Command+Shift+4
2. Drag mouse across the part of the screen you want to capture.

* Save a picture of a specific window to a file
1. Press Command+Shift+4+CapsLock
2. Click the window you want to capture.

To copy a section the Clipboard instead of saving it as a file, press the
Control key as you select what you would like to capture.

[/Snip]

--
Roy Schestowitz
http://schestowitz.com

Roy Schestowitz

Christopher Richards wrote:

> "Roy Schestowitz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:cshq2a$214r$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Tom wrote:
>>
>>> Is it worthwhile to get browser compatibility on ie for mac
>>>
>>> I am mucking about with a site that looks good (to my mind) on mozilla
>>> firefox netscape, safari IE 6 etc,. but like a dogs breakfast on IE for
>>> mac
>>>
>>> I would love to here views

>> I can have a look from IE5 on Mac OS9 if you like. In any case, I will be
>> doing this for somebody else this morning ... what's the URI?
>>
>> Roy
>>
>> --
>> Roy Schestowitz
>> http://schestowitz.com

> And it will be much appreciated.
> Christopher

Okay, all done. See picture [1..6] at:

http://schestowitz.com/temp

--
Roy Schestowitz
http://schestowitz.com

kchayka

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> See picture [1..6] at:
>
> http://schestowitz.com/temp

unknown file type

Christopher Richards

> Okay, all done. See picture [1..6] at:
Roy,
Tried downloading and renaming to popular graphic file extensions. Please
update the link. Thanks
Christopher

Roy Schestowitz

Christopher Richards wrote:

>> Okay, all done. See picture [1..6] at:

> Roy,
> Tried downloading and renaming to popular graphic file extensions. Please
> update the link. Thanks
> Christopher

It was a Mac-specific format that's difficult to change (I tried).
SimpleText could open it initially. I have just tried Open Office and it
seems to open it albeit in rather low quality. If you want me to comment on
the sites verbally, let me know.

Roy

--
Roy Schestowitz
http://schestowitz.com

Christopher Richards

"Roy Schestowitz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cski95$eki$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Christopher Richards wrote:
>
>>> Okay, all done. See picture [1..6] at:

>> Roy,
>> Tried downloading and renaming to popular graphic file extensions. Please
>> update the link. Thanks
>> Christopher

> It was a Mac-specific format that's difficult to change (I tried).
> SimpleText could open it initially. I have just tried Open Office and it
> seems to open it albeit in rather low quality. If you want me to comment
> on
> the sites verbally, let me know.
>
> Roy
>
> --
> Roy Schestowitz
> http://schestowitz.com

Yes please do because I can't open those files. Thanks by the way.

Roy Schestowitz

Christopher Richards wrote:

> "Roy Schestowitz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:cski95$eki$(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> Roy,
>>> Tried downloading and renaming to popular graphic file extensions.
>>> Please update the link. Thanks
>>> Christopher

>> It was a Mac-specific format that's difficult to change (I tried).
>> SimpleText could open it initially. I have just tried Open Office and it
>> seems to open it albeit in rather low quality. If you want me to comment
>> on
>> the sites verbally, let me know.
>>
>> Roy
>>
>> --
>> Roy Schestowitz
>> http://schestowitz.com

> Yes please do because I can't open those files. Thanks by the way.

I have just checked these one by one. Web video looks all okay. Haven't done
any comparison against Firefox, but it looks 'correct'. Same with LifeLine.
Same with the third site. They are all based on similar 'templates' so I
can see consistency in the appearance, which seems rather pleasant to the
visitor. I hope it takes all worries away.

Get OpenOffice.org (also AppleWorks would be suitable) because the only
person to judge this properly is yourself.

HTH
Roy

--
Roy Schestowitz