Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Fixing font size in FireFox?

Fixing font size in FireFox?

Travis Newbury

Noozer wrote:
> Quick answer is... Don't do it.

> Do not fix your font sizes. If your layout depends on a specific font

size
> then the layout is broken.

The layout is only broken if you buy into the "layout doesn't matter to
anyone" line of thinking. And in this case, the OP does not want fixed
font sizes through out the document, he wants a standard header look
and feel.

--
-=tn=-

Steve Pugh

"Travis Newbury" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>Noozer wrote:
>>
>> Do not fix your font sizes. If your layout depends on a specific font
>> size then the layout is broken.

>The layout is only broken if you buy into the "layout doesn't matter to
>anyone" line of thinking.

*******s. If layout didn't matter to anyone then it wouldn't matter if
the layout breaks. It's precisely because layout matters to many
people that care must be taken to make sure that layouts don't break
when the font size, or the window width, or whatever are changed by
the user.

> And in this case, the OP does not want fixed
>font sizes through out the document, he wants a standard header look
>and feel.

No, he wants a header that doesn't wrap onto a second line and his
first thought was to fix the font size to prevent it from wrapping by
preventing it from being enlarged. People have posted ways to prevent
it wrapping that do not involve fixing the font size.

Steve

neredbojias

Without quill or qualm, Duende quothed:

> >> The king of one liners strikes again.
> >> Are you sure you aren't related to "meat --> plow"?
> >> I have a hunch you are him.

> > No, but I've heard of him referred to as "meat ball"...
> >

> You sure take long naps.

Hehe, yeah. Actually, I've been working alot on the ol' website. No
time to mess around here and learn how to do it right...

--
Neredbojias