Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > white flashing while loading frameset

white flashing while loading frameset

Daniel Grunow

hallo,

i want to load a frameset on a page whith black coloured background.
While the browser(IE6 and FireFox1.0) loads the frames, the frame in
which the frameset loads all the stuff, flashes white, as long as the
frameset loads.
this doesnt looks nice. (black and white frames )

whats wrong?
Daniel

Travis Newbury

Daniel Grunow wrote:
> hallo,
> i want to load a frameset on a page whith black coloured background.
> While the browser(IE6 and FireFox1.0) loads the frames, the frame in
> which the frameset loads all the stuff, flashes white, as long as the

> frameset loads.
> this doesnt looks nice. (black and white frames )
>
> whats wrong?

You mean besides the fact you are using frames? White is probalby the
default background color.

--
-=tn=-

Daniel Grunow

Travis Newbury wrote:
> You mean besides the fact you are using frames? White is probalby the
> default background color.

but can i do something to change the default color to black?
this would be nice.

Daniel

Richard

"Daniel Grunow" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> hallo,
>
> i want to load a frameset on a page whith black coloured background.
> While the browser(IE6 and FireFox1.0) loads the frames, the frame in
> which the frameset loads all the stuff, flashes white, as long as the
> frameset loads.
> this doesnt looks nice. (black and white frames )
>
> whats wrong?
> Daniel

Naturally. AS there is no conent being displayed.
The white is the default color of the USERS browser.
I have my default color as an offwhite, so that's what I see when the page
is loading.

Mark Parnell

Previously in alt.html, Daniel Grunow <(E-Mail Removed)> said:

> hallo,

G'day.

> i want to load a frameset

Why?

> whats wrong?

You're using frames.

http://www.htmlhelp.com/design/frames/whatswrong.html
http://dorward.me.uk/www/frames/
http://www.google.com/webmasters/2.html (see under "Your page uses
frames")
http://www.markparnell.com.au/articles/frames.php

--
Mark Parnell
http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au

Mitja

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 20:43:28 +0100, Daniel Grunow <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

> but can i do something to change the default color to black?

No. It's off limits - default color can only be controlled by the user
(via a "settings" dialog or similar), or, in case of yucky browsers, not
at all.

> this would be nice.

Imagine the following scenario: a page with black frames sets black as the
default background color in your browser. Then you go and visit a page
with black text which doesn't explicitly set the bg color, relying on it
being white (that's the default in most browsers). A page should never do
that, but in reality it's far from uncommon. Now what you'd get would be
black text on black background... that wouldn't be exactly nice.

--
Mitja

Daniel Grunow

thank you all, now i am wiser.

Daniel

Daniel Grunow

Mitja wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 20:43:28 +0100, Daniel Grunow <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>> but can i do something to change the default color to black?

> No. It's off limits - default color can only be controlled by the user
> (via a "settings" dialog or similar), or, in case of yucky browsers,
> not at all.

The Solution:
You can set the backgroundColor in the Frameset via css like this:

<frameset framespacing="0" border="0" frameborder="0" cols="*,978,*"
style="background-color:#000000;">

this is testet in IE6 and Firefox.

this setting is only temporarely of course.

Daniel

Mitja

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 15:46:18 +0100, Daniel Grunow <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

> You can set the backgroundColor in the Frameset via css
> this is testet in IE6 and Firefox.

that's a neat trick, thanks

--
Mitja