Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > pdf on a website

pdf on a website

smed

When i have a site within a link to a pdf file, this pdf file open with
acrobatreader when i click to this link. How can i return to the initial
website?
Meany thanks for who can help me.

SpaceGirl

smed wrote:
> When i have a site within a link to a pdf file, this pdf file open with
> acrobatreader when i click to this link. How can i return to the initial
> website?
> Meany thanks for who can help me.

You really have no control over this as it is to do with the users browesr.

the PDF file (you have to click BACK to get back to the web page) or the
PDF will open in an acrobat reader window.

window and then load the PDF. If the user closes this window, the
orginal window will still be open.

--

x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

hyweljenkins@hotmail.com

smed wrote:
> When i have a site within a link to a pdf file, this pdf file open

with
> acrobatreader when i click to this link. How can i return to the

initial
> website?

Click the back button on your browser or add a link within the PDF.
--
Hywel

nice.guy.nige

While the city slept, smed ((E-Mail Removed)) feverishly
typed...

> When i have a site within a link to a pdf file, this pdf file open
> with acrobatreader when i click to this link.

Assuming the user has Acrobat Reader (or similar) installed of course.

> How can i return to the
> initial website?

I'm assuming here that the file opens in your browser with an "embedded"
version of Acrobat within the browser. Does your browser have a "back"
button? That's how I usually get back, and I think most of your visitors
will do the same (if they want to)

Cheers,
Nige

--
Nigel Moss
http://www.nigenet.org.uk

Leif K-Brooks

SpaceGirl wrote:
> window and then load the PDF. If the user closes this window, the
> orginal window will still be open.

And in many cases, the user will end up with an empty browser window in
addition to a PDF viewer window. Very confusing.

Toby Inkster

SpaceGirl wrote:

> the PDF file (you have to click BACK to get back to the web page) or the
> PDF will open in an acrobat reader window...

.... or it will open in some other PDF handling software ... or they'll be
prompted to save the file.

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

SpaceGirl

Toby Inkster wrote:
> SpaceGirl wrote:

>>the PDF file (you have to click BACK to get back to the web page) or the
>>PDF will open in an acrobat reader window...

> ... or it will open in some other PDF handling software ... or they'll be
> prompted to save the file.

Like I said... you have no real control at all.

--

x theSpaceGirl (miranda)